Will you be supportive of your child having tatoos?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Will you be supportive of DS/DD having tatoos?

Yes, it's a form of art
3%
Yes, I also have one. Want to see?
3%
No, over my dead body
56%
Preferably no, but I can live with it
33%
Neutral, I leave these things to them
5%

Total votes : 39

Will you be supportive of your child having tatoos?

Postby markfch » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:16 am

Times have changed and tatoos are no longer associated with secret societies of yester years. Some of my friends also do it. My question is whether you will be supportive of your child if he/she seeks your opinion on this. Assuming your child is already adolescent.
markfch
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:40 am

I voted No.

My kids are still small, but I'm fairly sure that if the time comes and they ask me, the first thing I would ask of them is if they can think of when this tattoo might be a cause for regret...and if they can picture this picture on their skin 50 years later. Tattooes on sagging skin [gag].

Anything permanent must be thought through very carefully. Big or small doesn't matter.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby KoalaMummy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:43 am

i voted no too (over my dead body), if i found out that he did it behind my back, will ask him go un-do it. Me and dh are still very tradtional at heart. :wink:

KoalaMummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Will you be supportive of your child having tatoos?

Postby peterch » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:50 am

markfch wrote:Times have changed and tatoos are no longer associated with secret societies of yester years. Some of my friends also do it. My question is whether you will be supportive of your child if he/she seeks your opinion on this. Assuming your child is already adolescent.

It is true that tattoos are more to fashion nowadays. A few of my model have a tiny tattoo on shoulder :D But let me tell u something, sometimes they quite regret to have that tattoo on their body :?

So, one have must a specific reason to have their body tattooed :lol:

peterch
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:04 am

if one is dead against it, then should let your child know of your disapproval and reasons behind it even if they are young.

When they ask, it may be too late!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Tri-mum » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:13 am

I vote NO. Definitely will against the idea whether it be now or 10-15 years later. I believe it will somehow affect your personal image especially if you're going for an interview or client's meeting and personally I feel it may be a hinder to their career path too especially if your child is climbing the corprate level one day....maybe I'm a old fashion person but I really don't find tattoos is nice :P

Tri-mum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mintcc » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:22 am

For me, I will not approve when they are under a certain age....say :scratchhead: below 21?

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Funz » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:26 am

Kinda difficult for me to say no to them cos DH has a tattoos and is thinking of getting more.

If they are still in their teens and they seek my approval, I will tell them to wait till they are in their 20s, preferably mid-late 20s before they commit to something that is so permanent. Hopefully by then they will have a change of mind.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Nebbermind » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:40 am

Funz wrote:Kinda difficult for me to say no to them cos DH has a tattoos and is thinking of getting more.

If they are still in their teens and they seek my approval, I will tell them to wait till they are in their 20s, preferably mid-late 20s before they commit to something that is so permanent. Hopefully by then they will have a change of mind.

can understand.

I'm not a smoker and always wonder whether smokers will discourage their children from smoking...and how :?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:46 am

Reasons to share with my kid.
1. Tattoos are unnecessary like many things in this world. :lol: so why suffer the pain to get one?
2. Contrary to old fashion, a fashionable one should not put on a permanent accessory that can be dated after some time.
3. Beauty in the eye of beholder, it is a turnoff for me. So may potentially turn off an interviewer for a job, a prospective bf etc.
4. Most importantly, God has made her original, unique n beautiful, why tamper with God's creation unless there is something to fix?
5. Removal of tattoo is just as painful n ugly.
6. If the tattoo is to signify anything, what's flowing from the heart counts more.
7. Tattoos are superficial and artificial self expression, self- limiting.

Next

Return to Recess Time