Family members sharing same birthday

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Family members sharing same birthday

Postby Luanee » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Just wondering, how many ppl here have family members sharing same birthday (different years of coz)?

For myself, my 2 dds share the same birthday as my dh. It's purely coincidental as both of them were borned naturally with no induction. First dd water bag burst on the morning of daddy's birthday and delivered in the afternoon. Second dd's contractions came the night before daddy and jie-jie's birthday 5 years later and delivered at 3am the next day. So now all 3 have the same birthday :D

I have a few frens with their kids sharing their or their spouse's birthdays too but most are either planned c-sect or by induction.

Anyone care to share their stories?

Luanee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Don't have so lucky like yours but DD1's and sashimi's birthdays are just a few days apart. DD2's birthday is a month before theirs. :D

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Luanee » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:32 pm

schellen wrote:Don't have so lucky like yours but DD1's and sashimi's birthdays are just a few days apart. DD2's birthday is a month before theirs. :D

Erm is sashimi ur spouse? So do they have a combined party every year?

Luanee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KoalaMummy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:32 pm

well, i had wanted my ds1's bd to be same as me...but no such luck either...he popped 5 days after my bd. :cry:

KoalaMummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:36 pm

For me my father in law's b'day date is 20th and hubby also 20th though different months.. but for DS1 i got contractions on 20th morning but then he came at 1:00 am the following night so became 21st.. and DS2 I had contractions 20th night but he came at 10 am so also on 21st...

so though very near still very far but different months though!

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Luanee » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:36 pm

KoalaMummy wrote:well, i had wanted my ds1's bd to be same as me...but no such luck either...he popped 5 days after my bd. :cry:

Haha I kept coaxing my dd1 to arrive same day as daddy and luckily she listened... So second one I used the same method lol...

Luanee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:37 pm

Luanee wrote:
schellen wrote:Don't have so lucky like yours but DD1's and sashimi's birthdays are just a few days apart. DD2's birthday is a month before theirs. :D

Erm is sashimi ur spouse? So do they have a combined party every year?

Sorry, I took for granted that you knew that sashimi's my DH. He's been MIA for a while since he can't surf at work and KSP keeps crashing when he tries to load it on his phone.

More like he combines his birthday with DD1's. We will still wish him happy birthday and give him cards and presents on the day itself though. As for DD2, dunno yet since she was born last year. We celebrated DD2's 1st month with DD1's and sashimi's birthdays this year.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Luanee » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:38 pm

LKVM wrote:For me my father in law's b'day date is 20th and hubby also 20th though different months.. but for DS1 i got contractions on 20th morning but then he came at 1:00 am the following night so became 21st.. and DS2 I had contractions 20th night but he came at 10 am so also on 21st...

so though very near still very far but different months though!

Haha so urs is same date not same month... that's nice too, at least got something in common !

Luanee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KoalaMummy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:40 pm

Luanee wrote:
KoalaMummy wrote:well, i had wanted my ds1's bd to be same as me...but no such luck either...he popped 5 days after my bd. :cry:

Haha I kept coaxing my dd1 to arrive same day as daddy and luckily she listened... So second one I used the same method lol...

i did that tooo...but din work for me....guess my ds is not 'obedient' :spank: :wink:

KoalaMummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Luanee » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:42 pm

schellen wrote:Sorry, I took for granted that you knew that sashimi's my DH. He's been MIA for a while since he can't surf at work and KSP keeps crashing when he tries to load it on his phone.

More like he combines his birthday with DD1's. We will still wish him happy birthday and give him cards and presents on the day itself though. As for DD2, dunno yet since she was born last year. We celebrated DD2's 1st month with DD1's and sashimi's birthdays this year.

Haha yah, the daddy has to take a backstage when he shares same birthday as the kids hee... That's the case with my husb too, but at least he can console himself that his 2 dds have no excuse not to rem his birthday in future..

Wow u must have had a big 1st month cum birthday party this year!

Luanee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time