Website link and company name differs, is this common?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Website link and company name differs, is this common?

Postby Guest » Mon May 10, 2010 2:26 pm

I was driving behind a taxi 3 days ago when I saw this strange url:

www.catchcheatingspouse.com.sg

First thing which crossed my mind was perhaps it would be useful to put it on this forum since we heard so many EMAs discuss here.

Then I curiously checked out the website and found that the company name was totally different from its website. I don't think I will ever remember the company's name but the website is catchy indeed. First impression is that this is rather unusual. From a marketing viewpoint, the service it offers dominates its URL link.

Anyone else has examples of such companies?
Last edited by Guest on Mon May 10, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby HyperKiasu » Mon May 10, 2010 2:33 pm

think catchcheatingspouse is the company's prodcut/service, right? :?
if they use their company name as website name, too plain to be googled...

HyperKiasu
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby HyperKiasu » Mon May 10, 2010 2:35 pm

everyone knows blackberry, but few know who produce blackberry. it is a Canada based company: Research In Motion.....or RIM

HyperKiasu
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Guest » Mon May 10, 2010 2:36 pm

HyperKiasu wrote:think catchcheatingspouse is the company's prodcut/service, right? :?

Yes this is only one of the services they offer but they have chosen this as their website name.....that is why I find it SO unusual.... Btw, the people behind this company are ex-police force guys.... :lol:

So I think these people are quite clever to know what people want to google for...

Postby HyperKiasu » Mon May 10, 2010 2:38 pm

HyperKiasu wrote:everyone knows blackberry, but few know who produce blackberry. it is a Canada based company: Research In Motion.....or RIM

sorry, but RIM doesn't use blackberry.com as their webiste address, a wrong example....

HyperKiasu
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby HyperKiasu » Mon May 10, 2010 2:40 pm

ksi wrote:
HyperKiasu wrote:think catchcheatingspouse is the company's prodcut/service, right? :?

Yes this is only one of the services they offer but they have chosen this as their website name.....that is why I find it SO unusual.... Btw, the people behind this company are ex-police force guys.... :lol:

So I think these people are quite clever to know what people want to google for...

yes, they are quite creative....

HyperKiasu
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Guest » Mon May 10, 2010 2:55 pm

HyperKiasu wrote:
HyperKiasu wrote:everyone knows blackberry, but few know who produce blackberry. it is a Canada based company: Research In Motion.....or RIM

sorry, but RIM doesn't use blackberry.com as their webiste address, a wrong example....

Blackberry did not learn the trick from this local company yet.... :wink:

Postby tankee » Mon May 10, 2010 3:04 pm

HyperKiasu wrote:

RIM do use blackberry.com to market their product & support

they use rim.com for the corporate website

this is quite a common practise for companies as it give them flexibility to have multiple product lines and be able to sell / buy product line without affecting their corporate website / image.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby HyperKiasu » Mon May 10, 2010 3:07 pm

really? :!: never checked.... :siao:

HyperKiasu
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Guest » Mon May 10, 2010 3:08 pm

tankee wrote:
HyperKiasu wrote:

RIM do use blackberry.com to market their product & support

they use rim.com for the corporate website

this is quite a common practise for companies as it give them flexibility to have multiple product lines and be able to sell / buy product line without affecting their corporate website / image.

Any more examples?

Next

Return to Recess Time