Maplewoods Residents??

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Maplewoods Residents??

Postby sunshine_mummy » Mon May 17, 2010 12:16 am

Hi Daddies & Mummies

Anyone out there is Maplewood residents??? Thinking of moving there...
Care to share with me your living experience?? I went there for some viewing for the past few weeks but find that the area is not windy & bringt enough...

sunshine_mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Jennifer » Mon May 17, 2010 10:20 am

I am not a resident. The units in Maplewoods are mostly low rise, maybe that's the reason why it is not windy?

I am also interested in this development but find the prices very steep. Hv you seen Floridian?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Mon May 17, 2010 5:02 pm

hi, i lived in maplewoods a few years ago. it was saraca court low floor unit 4 rooms.

my unit is a bit dark in the living and dining rooms but the bedrooms are pretty bright. likewise for certain units in other blocks, depending on the layout, the unit could be dark in some parts of the house.

of all the blocks, i like coral court best (bright and airy).

things i like about maplewoods,

1) cafe with nice food
2) great garage sales
3) nice pool
4) lots of celebrations on cny, xmas, halloween etc. by mgt office
5) good security (need access card to get into building)

things i dont like about maplewoods,

1) mosquitos
2) basement carparks could get pretty wet on rainy days
3) drivers driving very fast in the estate (a few accidents during my stay)
4) no good road for kids to cycle (most play at teh area in front of mgt off)
5) traffic jam (especially in teh morning and nite)
6) might have a problem getting a taxi

cheers

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sunshine_mummy » Tue May 18, 2010 12:51 am

Jennifer wrote:I am not a resident. The units in Maplewoods are mostly low rise, maybe that's the reason why it is not windy?

I am also interested in this development but find the prices very steep. Hv you seen Floridian?

I agree... Most viewing I've been is on the low floor... Yup.. I've viewed Floridian, the place looks cosy and warm with 7 swimming pools but the price is so much steeper as it's a new development. :lol:

sunshine_mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sunshine_mummy » Tue May 18, 2010 12:57 am

LOLMum wrote:hi, i lived in maplewoods a few years ago. it was saraca court low floor unit 4 rooms.

my unit is a bit dark in the living and dining rooms but the bedrooms are pretty bright. likewise for certain units in other blocks, depending on the layout, the unit could be dark in some parts of the house.

of all the blocks, i like coral court best (bright and airy).

things i like about maplewoods,

1) cafe with nice food
2) great garage sales
3) nice pool
4) lots of celebrations on cny, xmas, halloween etc. by mgt office
5) good security (need access card to get into building)

things i dont like about maplewoods,

1) mosquitos
2) basement carparks could get pretty wet on rainy days
3) drivers driving very fast in the estate (a few accidents during my stay)
4) no good road for kids to cycle (most play at teh area in front of mgt off)
5) traffic jam (especially in teh morning and nite)
6) might have a problem getting a taxi

cheers

LOL mum

Thank you for sharing your living experience with me.. My main concern of getting Maplewoods is to get ready for my gal P1 registration in 2012 which is near to MSG...

As you mentioned, mosquito is one of the cons.. is it really so bad? how bad? :roll:

sunshine_mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby LOLMum » Tue May 18, 2010 1:57 am

i was there mid 2004-2006 (approx) and i didnt open my windows that often because it was facing the main road and lots of trees/mosquito right in front of my unit.

some of my friends living there installed mosquito nets (whatever you call it) on all windows. but i know the mgt is doing a good job keeping the pest problem under control.

for me, i dont like to sit by the pool or go to the playground because of the pest. but lots of people love to have meals by the poolside. i like the laska and prawn noodles. i always have them when i visit my friends. :lol:

well, during my stay there, there was a good no.of expats living there.
haha, lots of mgs gals too.

i am unsure of the price situation now but i know during my stay there , the price for both rental and sales just went south south south.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue May 18, 2010 7:30 am

This morning I saw a signage for one of the new development Cascadia show suite now available for viewing @ Old Holland Hill Rd? This development is already in the process of construction, exact location very near MGS too. But I find the building quite close to each other.

Floridian has std and premium layout, think it is the dry and wet kitchen. No doubt the prices not low either, but new and not facing the main rd directly. Surrounding also not other high rise buildings. I am impressed, but cant afford :cry:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby keroppi » Tue May 18, 2010 8:30 am

Jennifer wrote:This morning I saw a signage for one of the new development Cascadia show suite now available for viewing @ Old Holland Hill Rd? This development is already in the process of construction, exact location very near MGS too. But I find the building quite close to each other.

Think about the horrible traffic condition every morning - between 6.45-7.20am, residents will probably have a hard time getting in/out of their estates. Unless they broaden the road, otherwise it's a narrow 1-lane (2 way) road leading into/out of the estate.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sunshine_mummy » Tue May 18, 2010 12:56 pm

Jennifer wrote:This morning I saw a signage for one of the new development Cascadia show suite now available for viewing @ Old Holland Hill Rd? This development is already in the process of construction, exact location very near MGS too. But I find the building quite close to each other.

Floridian has std and premium layout, think it is the dry and wet kitchen. No doubt the prices not low either, but new and not facing the main rd directly. Surrounding also not other high rise buildings. I am impressed, but cant afford :cry:

I don't think I can afford either of them...That's why need to look out for 2nd hand.... My hubby likes Maplewoods surroundings with lots of greenery... :D

sunshine_mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sunshine_mummy » Tue May 18, 2010 12:59 pm

LOLMum wrote:i was there mid 2004-2006 (approx) and i didnt open my windows that often because it was facing the main road and lots of trees/mosquito right in front of my unit.

some of my friends living there installed mosquito nets (whatever you call it) on all windows. but i know the mgt is doing a good job keeping the pest problem under control.

for me, i dont like to sit by the pool or go to the playground because of the pest. but lots of people love to have meals by the poolside. i like the laska and prawn noodles. i always have them when i visit my friends. :lol:

well, during my stay there, there was a good no.of expats living there.
haha, lots of mgs gals too.

i am unsure of the price situation now but i know during my stay there , the price for both rental and sales just went south south south.

That's was few years back, hopefully the conditions will be better. Which floor you put up? Thinking of getting 5th floor and above... :wink

sunshine_mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time