You little one, you big one.

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

You little one, you big one.

Postby mocharita » Fri May 21, 2010 2:03 am

What will you do if your kids want to pee after leaving your host’s apartment? Do you walk your kids to your hosts home for the bathroom or you rather save on the walking and let them pee in the elevator or car park? Or, maybe encouraging them to pee in the drain that's nearby? Ok, let’s put it easier. Will you allow your kid to pee in public?

If you are in a shopping mall, there are toilets. But what if when your hands are full with grocery bags and your kid wants to pee? Drain? Next to your car or somewhere near and next to a stranger's car?

P.s Okie,Okie,Ok, guilty parents are not required to answer. If you want to, you are welcome and not discriminated.

mocharita
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: You little one, you big one.

Postby pinkapple » Fri May 21, 2010 4:43 am

mocharita wrote:What will you do if your kids want to pee after leaving your host’s apartment? Do you walk your kids to your hosts home for the bathroom or you rather save on the walking and let them pee in the elevator or car park? Or, maybe encouraging them to pee in the drain that's nearby? Ok, let’s put it easier. Will you allow your kid to pee in public?

If you are in a shopping mall, there are toilets. But what if when your hands are full with grocery bags and your kid wants to pee? Drain? Next to your car or somewhere near and next to a stranger's car?

P.s Okie,Okie,Ok, guilty parents are not required to answer. If you want to, you are welcome and not discriminated.

harlow! peeing in elevator is against the law and super inconsiderate loh!

are you teaching ya child that it's ok to pee anywhere and anytime??

I'd certainly walk back to the host.

in the mall, full of shopping bags, I'd still go to the toilet.
toilet sure got place to hang or put bags.

otherwise, always bring ya child to the toilet BEFORE you "full" your hands.

pinkapple
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mocharita » Fri May 21, 2010 8:00 am

harlow?

Hello.

Thanks for replying. Good parent you are. :D Hoping they are more to come forward.

mocharita
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby foreverj » Fri May 21, 2010 8:53 am

definitely wil look for a toilet. in this day and age, find it quite disgusting that there are people who will let their kids pee in the public!

i wil first educate my kid that dun ever wait until cannot wait and then tell me need to pee - this needs constant reminder and education from young of course. if on the way rushing to toilet and pee, cannot be helped. but never just pull down the pants and pee anywhere he/she likes!

for younger kids 2-4, alternative is to bring along a diaper, just in case. if no toilet in sight, just put on the diaper.

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jedamum » Fri May 21, 2010 1:32 pm

how about if you have a toddler, will you use the handicap toilet?
i am guilty of doing so cos the common toilet cubicle is very small for me and my kid (and all my groceries); especially if i am the one who need to use (especially for big biz) and there is no one to keep an eye on my toddler.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby foreverj » Fri May 21, 2010 3:12 pm

jedamum wrote:how about if you have a toddler, will you use the handicap toilet?
i am guilty of doing so cos the common toilet cubicle is very small for me and my kid (and all my groceries); especially if i am the one who need to use (especially for big biz) and there is no one to keep an eye on my toddler.

hi jedamum, yes, yes, very paiseh to say yes, there were times i had to sneak into the handicapped toilet esp when dd is very urgent and the queue was like all the way outside the toilet!

i think also for cases when u r pushing the pram with a sleeping baby alone, there's no way u can squeeze the pram into the little toilet cubicle n there's no way u can leave the sleeping baby outside the cubicle while u settled your biz, its unavoidable to use the handicapped toilet right? otherwise any solution? noways, i do see toilets where they fix a child seat for the mummy to put the baby while she uses the toilet, very considerate but does not solve problem if baby is sleeping in pram...

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby auntieM » Fri May 21, 2010 4:41 pm

jedamum wrote:how about if you have a toddler, will you use the handicap toilet?

I guess no one will confront a mummy with a stroller using a handicap toilet... not unless you are camping in there.

:wink:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby pinkapple » Fri May 21, 2010 5:23 pm

foreverj wrote:

hi jedamum, yes, yes, very paiseh to say yes, ...

i think also for cases when u r pushing the pram with a sleeping baby alone, ... noways, i do see toilets where they fix a child seat for the mummy to put the baby while she uses the toilet, very considerate but does not solve problem if baby is sleeping in pram...

I do too.

I think it's ok since we're not hogging the handicap toilet and there's not like a long queue of handicaps waiting for the toilet. most of the time, there are hardly any handicap using the toilet anyway.

as for the child seat in toilet. yes, very considerate but besides sleeping baby, also does not solve th prob of baby whose neck is not firm yet. how to leave on the seat?

pinkapple
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Fri May 21, 2010 5:34 pm

I only brought my boy out without diapers when he could go to their toilet on his own without my help.

So far the 'worse case' scenario was walking home from MRT halfway, he wanted to pee! MRT no toilet (need to walk very far and cross road again), house not so near yet.

My boy tried to 'tahan' until he scream "I WANT TO PEE".
My maid brought him behind a bush to pee but she keep telling him that next time he must say earlier, cannot do this anymore.

Thankfully, only happened once.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Fri May 21, 2010 7:22 pm

pinkapple wrote: most of the time, there are hardly any handicap using the toilet anyway.

yes, very paisay. the last time i used it for my big urgent biz, there was a wheelchair uncle waiting outside to use it. :oops: luckily he and his carer still smiled at me when i exited the toilet (with plenty of apologies), probably cos they heard me screaming to my ds2,"don't open the door yet! i haven't put on my pants!" :oops:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time