Do you give tips to your hair stylist?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Do you give tips to your hair stylist?

Postby smurf » Mon May 31, 2010 8:20 am

just wondering, do you give tips to shampoo girl, hair stylist/assistant when you go for hairdressing? :?

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Mon May 31, 2010 9:51 am

As the hair stylist is someone that I've gone for a couple of years, he sorts of know my style.

In any case, I don't tell them what to do, don't think they wd like me to tell them how to do their job. But what I do is to let them know my lifestyle and the kind of profession that I am in. For example, I'm the "wash and go" person and have no time to blow and curl/straighten my hair. So my hair style must be easy to manage. Just put a bit of leave-in condition and I'm good to go. :lol:

If one is not too particular, it's also good to let them know the nature of one's job, if necessary. A friend is also the school's discipline mistress, so cannot have fanciful coloured hair - must set "good" example to her students mah. Otherwise, students will ask why she can have coloured hair and they can't :|

8)

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby smurf » Mon May 31, 2010 9:55 am

erm, I mean tips as in $$? cos I think I saw people giving tips ($$) to hair stylist assistant before, but not sure if need to give. and how much to give? what about the hair stylist?

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BlurBee » Mon May 31, 2010 9:59 am

Hi smurf, thanks for clarifying. That's what i'm thinking after schweppes replied u.
I dun think singapore practice any tips giving, unless u r a rich taitai.

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Mon May 31, 2010 10:07 am

smurf wrote:erm, I mean tips as in $$? cos I think I saw people giving tips ($$) to hair stylist assistant before, but not sure if need to give. and how much to give? what about the hair stylist?

oic... i'm so blur!! :oops:

no lah, i don't usually give service tips. But as I'm a regular at my hairstylist's salon, I wd buy the occasional snacks (old chang kee or donuts) to give them a treat!! :wink: If it's Christmas, I wd give a small present (usually a box of biscuits or chocolates from M & S) to my hairstylst only to show my appreciation. :lol:

But I don't give :moneyflies: lah since i'm not a rich tai tai :cry:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby pinkapple » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:25 am

smurf wrote:erm, I mean tips as in $$? cos I think I saw people giving tips ($$) to hair stylist assistant before, but not sure if need to give. and how much to give? what about the hair stylist?

I've seen many of my hairstylist's customers give him and the shampoo girl tips. feel pressured to give too but I told myself that I'm not rich like them and already paid a lot for my haircut so don't have to "match" those people who has nothing to do with me.

pinkapple
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mumma_bear » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:01 pm

I often am guilty of wanting to give tips, especially to great hairdressers! But yes, I'm not rich...so i guess that gives me reason enough to not give them any. But i help the establishment by being a patron (going there all the time..LOL)

mumma_bear
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby schweppes » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:22 pm

mumma_bear wrote:I often am guilty of wanting to give tips, especially to great hairdressers! But yes, I'm not rich...so i guess that gives me reason enough to not give them any. But i help the establishment by being a patron (going there all the time..LOL)

Haha... that's what i think too. Be a loyal customer. :lol:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schellen » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:24 pm

The hairdresser I go to is located in a neighbourhood shop so it'll be very "weird" to tip them. I'm already a regular customer and I even bring my DD1 there for her haircuts since they know exactly how to cut her hair (she takes ballet). When DD2 is old enough, I'll be bringing her there too.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby DesertWind » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Answer is NO. Thought we are in Singapore. Got this practice meh?
:celebrate:

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time