Where is your favourite place to hunt for furniture?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:1

Post by DesertWind » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:50 pm

hquek wrote: I do lurve their metally bookshelf, but cannot bring myself to pay that few k for it.... :(

Hi hquek, :wink:
Yes, I love Air Division's golden teak bookshelf too! But could not bring myself to pay the few K for it, so just admire from afar everytime I got chance to go past their shops. ke...ke...ke.. :lol:
:celebrate:

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by DesertWind » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:54 pm

VooVoo wrote:sigh....so must really browse around the island to know the "market" price before commiting? :shock: Very energy zapping...and where got time :roll:

Hi Hi! :wink:
If you are using Interior Designer, the guy will bring you to do the shopping and he usually will have a few "regular" shops which he goes. So you should be able to check with him instead of running around yourself!

hquek
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:71

Post by hquek » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:40 pm

smurf wrote:
then u ask, $40 can? ...
:lol:

Umm that time is just check out market, I will only quote a price if interested. So far I have not detected being grossly overcharged. But there was one incident. They fixed the downlights and then we discovered that the screws a bit rusty....so they got their guy to come back and replace EVERY single one of them. Sigh...

Still I will go back again becos of their range and price.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:71

Post by hquek » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Joy wrote:May I know for fan, where can you buy reasonable cost ceiling fan?thanks

ummm, ok SLC (Singapore lighting centre) also stocks ceiling fans - most of the lighting shops have that. My bro got one that folds down when not in use. Quite nifty lor although that one is a wee bit more ex than the usual. Comes with remote (for both light and fan).

So at whatever place you choose, just check out their range on offer.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:28

Post by jedamum » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Joy wrote:May I know for fan, where can you buy reasonable cost ceiling fan?thanks

i intend to go for KDK ceiling fan cos i read that it is one of the more powerful ones. also not going with one with light kits cos my ceiling height already quite low.

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by DesertWind » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:27 pm

jedamum wrote:i intend to go for KDK ceiling fan cos i read that it is one of the more powerful ones. also not going with one with light kits cos my ceiling height already quite low.

I am using KDK fans too! Bought from Parisilk store which is much cheaper than buying from anywhere else as they have very little retail front and earn a little bit margin by ordering direct from supplier!

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by smurf » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:32 pm

I'm searching for those tag lock at main door. dun need key at all. just tap the card kind...does anyone knows where to get that?? :?

xueyan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Where is your favourite place to hunt for furniture?

Post by xueyan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:09 pm

Dear all

I am looking for a desk set for my 6yo boy. I also need to get a wardrobe and book case for him. Hopefully to get something as a set so the colour matches.

Any idea where to get. I do not really like Ikea as I feel that it may not be very durable.

Thanks for advice.

thepast123
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by thepast123 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:40 pm

Hello VooVoo,

If you are looking to buy modern furniture for your home then I would like to suggest you Tulip Table where you can see the wide range of dining tables, chairs and many more with high quality and at affordable price.

CarenL
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by CarenL » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:44 am

Star Living. They have a Fixed Price Policy that boasts transparency and locks in reasonable prices across their many showrooms. They have Homey Scandinavian to British Vintage!