Where is your favourite place to hunt for furniture?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:135

Re: Where is your favourite place to hunt for furniture?

Post by janet88 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:20 am

I believe in Lorenzo sofa. the leather is not sticky even though there is no air con. even at the show room, there is no air con for customers to try out the sofas.

Saplings
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Saplings » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:08 pm

sometimes surf renotalk for ideas and inspiration..........

penmighty
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by penmighty » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:54 pm

janet88 wrote:I believe in Lorenzo sofa. the leather is not sticky even though there is no air con. even at the show room, there is no air con for customers to try out the sofas.
I recommend Lorenzo too. Quality but not too expensive

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:71

Post by zac's mum » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:29 am

penmighty wrote:
janet88 wrote:I believe in Lorenzo sofa. the leather is not sticky even though there is no air con. even at the show room, there is no air con for customers to try out the sofas.
I recommend Lorenzo too. Quality but not too expensive
My bed frame and old sofa (washable fabric) at my first home were also from Lorenzo. But recently, I saw mentioned in the newspapers that Lorenzo announced a trading halt of their shares. No idea what’s going on, but I won’t be putting my deposit into a new sofa from Lorenzo for my new house. Scared they suddenly close down and my money gone with no sofa delivered!

Googled and found some mention of it here. Company has been making losses:
https://sginvestors.io/sgx/stock/5ie-lo ... nouncement

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:34 pm

we visited the Lorenzo showroom. it's really like a warehouse.
we tried many sets...hubby wanted a 3 seater with a remote control for the legs. but I find the set rather big and it will take 3 months for the factory to assemble...not only that, it's not even full leather...even though my hall has space, I didn't like the idea of having a 3 seater. in the end, we settled on a set which is slightly bigger than a 2 seater. it is a display unit in dark brown which matches my console table. best part is, it is full leather at $999 excluding delivery.

the sofa is mainly for kids to play games because we don't watch TV.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:48

Post by Estéema » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Lorenzo’s manufacturing is in China, Suzhou. Lost cost Labour & big warehouse. So, they’ll probably only stock enuf for showrooms. To fulfil orders, it’ll depends on shipment schedule fr China. HTL used to hv it’s mfg in Msia but had moved to China too, but they’re all bleeding as cost of operations & shipments fr China has gone up. HTL Hv poor designs, whilst Lorenzo’s design abit better but has been stagnant for a while now. We like the new XZQT designs, but cost is ALOT more. :evil:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:36 pm

the sales assistant who attended to us said the sofas are assembled in Malaysia...which was why waiting 3 months for a sofa IS crazy.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:48

Post by Estéema » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:41 pm

Maybe informing customers China produce doesn’t attract sales?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:161

Post by floppy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:53 pm

janet88 wrote:the sales assistant who attended to us said the sofas are assembled in Malaysia...which was why waiting 3 months for a sofa IS crazy.
Lorenzo products are both made in China (leather and wood range) and Malaysia (leather range). As far as design and quality go, they are so-so (not a big fan).

You can always buy the same Lorenzo piece at a lower price in JB. Even after factoring in the trucking / shipping fees and GST, still work out to be cheaper than Singapore

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:33 pm

floppy wrote: You can always buy the same Lorenzo piece at a lower price in JB. Even after factoring in the trucking / shipping fees and GST, still work out to be cheaper than Singapore
the only thing I bought from Malaysia during my flat renovation was the KDK ceiling fan.
other than that, we didn't buy any furniture except the Lorenzo sofa. most of our stuff were moved from old flat.
study table, shoe cabinet and wardrobes are all custom made. hubby decided on the chairs for dining table