Washing Track Shoes ?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Washing Track Shoes ?

Postby MdmKS » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:17 pm

Will soaking(cloth washing power) and brushing our branded, expensive track shoes spoil them? Pls share how to effectively wash the track shoes? How to remove the smell ("HongKong leg" smell) of your shoes . Tried to sun but the small still stay.

:?

MdmKS
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby buds » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:18 pm

Never soak!

Just light brush (with soap) inside & outside, then rinse quickly and hang up to dry.
When dry, add in those anti-odour balls (can buy from sports shop) and
leave them there till next use. Should be able to prevent the shoe from
smelling again too quickly.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby daisyt » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:31 pm

The Scholl foot powder, is very effective to control the dryness of feet and odour. Before wearing socks, apply the powder on the feet, then wear socks. Tested and proven effective, on my dd.

I never wash track track shoes before. I would spray the scholl odour control shoes spray in the track shoes. I don't keep the track shoes in the cabinet immediately after remove. Would leave it outside for a few hours before putting into cabinet.

You can buy those changable shoes padding put in the shoes. After sometime, replace with new ones or wash the padding.

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MdmKS » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Thanks bud and daisyt . Will try ...

Today, came across a laundry shop which include track shoes in their item list. Cost $15 and your track shoes will be like new as what the before and after picture shows. Wonder how they wash ...

MdmKS
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby duriz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:56 pm

MdmKS wrote:Thanks bud and daisyt . Will try ...

Today, came across a laundry shop which include track shoes in their item list. Cost $15 and your track shoes will be like new as what the before and after picture shows. Wonder how they wash ...

They tumble and dry them in the washer like clothes :roll:

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby duriz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:58 pm

Incidentally, we don't wash our track shoes either.
Just brush away dirt like soil and wipe down.
As for the insides and smell, we have a neat trick. We soak cotton balls (the ones you use for removing makeup) in fabric softener and let them dry. Then we put them in old but clean socks and stuff all our shoes with them, saved for sandals and slippers.

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time