ORder books from Amazon

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

ORder books from Amazon

Postby smurf » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:10 pm

does anyone knows if Amazon pack books into very big box? :?

I'm using Vpost, ad worried that Amazon might pack the books that I ordered into a very big box , even if the orders dun fill up to the brim. Some merchants do that, and the shipping cost came up to very high amount.

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: ORder books from Amazon

Postby cody » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:20 pm

smurf wrote:does anyone knows if Amazon pack books into very big box? :?

I'm using Vpost, ad worried that Amazon might pack the books that I ordered into a very big box , even if the orders dun fill up to the brim. Some merchants do that, and the shipping cost came up to very high amount.

so far, there's been a common trait in all my orders from Amazon.

THEY USE OVER-SIZED BOXES FOR EVERYTHING !!!

Just to give you an example ..... (actually i have many examples to give!!) ....

I placed an order for a swim shirt, the order was to be fulfilled by Amazon (not a 3rd party).

The item arrived in a box about the size of a haversack , with just one miserable swim shirt folded down to be as thick as a A4 foolscap pad.
The rest of the space was just wasted.

needless to say, i had to pay for that wasted space because comgateway / vpost go by volumetric weight vs nett weight, whichever that is heavier.

Comgateway now offers a repacking service, where they will repack your parcel for you if there is >5kg difference between the nett weight vs the volumetric weight. This service is GREAT for amazon parcels!!

Another time ... i ordered 12 pairs of Crocs shoes thru Amazon.
Of the 12, only 3 were in stock, the rest were all out of stock.
Guess what? they took a box meant for 10-15 pairs (it was indicated on the box!) and put only that 3 pairs in it, and sent the parcel on its way.
:x

cody
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby MMM » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:35 pm

I am using the company that ties up wiht Amex (probably comgate?) and yes, the repacking services are great. I ordered party stuff and as usual it came from different suppliers and they did the repacking so the prices weren't exorbitant.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby smurf » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:50 am

finally can access KSP...can't log in for the past few days, HP PC sucks lah...

then I better dun buy from amazon...haha...think their packing service still need improving...

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cody » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:14 am

smurf wrote:finally can access KSP...can't log in for the past few days, HP PC sucks lah...

then I better dun buy from amazon...haha...think their packing service still need improving...

for books & books ONLY, can considern using www.bookdepository.com

the prices include free international shipping, and its really quite cheap!

BUT i must forewarn u that there are price differences between bookdepository.com (the US website) vs bookdepository.com.uk (the UK website).

check the 2 and see which is cheaper!

Also, if your home/office has a US-based IP address ..... the US based website will recognise it and offer u a lower rate! some differences are very slight (esp story books) but for professional textbooks etc, the difference can be as big as US$80 difference!

cody
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby cody » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:15 am

smurf wrote:finally can access KSP...can't log in for the past few days, HP PC sucks lah...

i've ordered from amazon so many times, and each time i will leave them feedback on their OVER-SIZED packaging.

but yet, nothing ever changes .... its still the same old OVER-SIZED boxes i get.

cody
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Recess Time