Primary school student knocked down in accident outside sch

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Primary school student knocked down in accident outside sch

Postby Sniper Angel » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:58 pm

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp ... chool.html

Maybe should enagged more traffic wardens manage by PV.

Sniper Angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Primary school student knocked down in accident outside

Postby daisyt » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:21 pm

Sniper Angel wrote:http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/in_the_heartlands/426448/primary_school_student_knocked_down_in_accident_outside_school.html

Maybe should enagged more traffic wardens manage by PV.

If one is driving near a school zone, obviously, should be extra careful and slow down. If a car is approaching zebra crossing or traffic lights, should be extra observant and slow down. Its the attitude of the drivers, need to be improved.

I always tell dd, whenever cross zebra crossing and even traffic lights, make sure you see all the cars have stopped, then start crossing. Don't look for green man on traffic light because this does not guarantee the cars would stop at red lights. :(

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Primary school student knocked down in accident outside

Postby RRMummy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:57 pm

daisyt wrote:I always tell dd, whenever cross zebra crossing and even traffic lights, make sure you see all the cars have stopped, then start crossing. Don't look for green man on traffic light because this does not guarantee the cars would stop at red lights. :(

We practise the same caution. :celebrate:

Hope the student will be fine... neck injury would be complicated.. :(

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby TwaTau » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:04 pm

What I taught my DS is to make eye contact with the driver, to make sure they are aware of his intent to cross the road. He was kind of uncomfortable in the beginning, but once he get the hang of it, he sometimes looks so comical raising his hand to catch the driver's attention. But for truck it will be abit difficult for the kids, so taught them to wait for the truck to stop before crossing.

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby MMM » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:23 pm

We saw a small boy crossing the zebra crossing just the other day at AMK area. He is probably at most K2 and he ran across the zebra crossing.

Was telling hubby that it's very dangerous for a child especially if they are short to cross the road. The driver might not be able to see them and hence did not stop in time. I've seen some P2 who are pre-school height so I feel that the risk extend to lower primary kids too.

In this case... wonder why the young boy's mum so fang xin let him cross the road by himself... Think we are overly protective towards our kids.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Recess Time