How do you know your child is maturing?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

How do you know your child is maturing?

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:43 pm

The rate of growth in children is really amazing...

Each time when I listen intently to what my child is saying....I can feel the difference in the thought process and feel the maturing happening as she talks... Times like this I sometimes wonder where is my baby yesterday? Being a parent has really mixed feelings in me, at times I cannot wait for her to grow up....at times I miss her innocent way of talking...

Do you sense the same or is it I am aging too? :rotflmao:

Postby keroppi » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:35 am

For me, how I know?

When I pay for my groceries at NTUC and realize there are no bags for me to carry into the car ....

Used to be just DH. Now I have a mini troop stopping me from buying things they think is not worth it. Sometimes my kids act like my parents ... too naggy .... scary.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:04 am

Yes keropi, I so agree with you. I also notice my child beginning to nag at me for some things. She even helps to ensure I drink water! :shock:
I thought this was what I had been doing for her.

It's such a warm and fuzzy feeling that you have a troop to help out at groceries. So sweet and sensible of them. This is also part of the rewarding part of being a parent, observation their transformation slowly into young adults and making themselves useful.

Postby duriz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:03 am

Aww....
Listen to these old ladies
Soon my DD will talk in complete sentences and walk steady
Then I shall join your ranks :lol:
"Eat Mama, don't talk so much Mama, go to sleep Mama, why do you walk so slow Mama...."
Sigh :love:

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:10 am

duriz wrote:Aww....
Listen to these old ladies
Soon my DD will talk in complete sentences and walk steady
Then I shall join your ranks :lol:
"Eat Mama, don't talk so much Mama, go to sleep Mama, why do you walk so slow Mama...."
Sigh :love:

Yes at this age now, you will see even more phenomenal growth from her. I always feel that the first 2 years zoom past so quickly. The baby moments were really brief, now that I think about it... :wink:

Postby markfch » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:01 am

My ds can act like a mini adult sometimes. This event happened last Sat afternoon. DS was preparing to bathe. Then he took out his dirty clothes and put it on the bed. Too quick of mouth, I said this:

me: don't be an idiot, put your dirty clothes on the floor (I regretted saying tis half way thru my sentence)
ds: (turn around, and looking at me a queer manner) are you calling me an idiot?
me: (quickly change the subject) no, I mean you put dirty clothes on the bed is an idiotic action. I don't mean you're idiot.
ds: do you like people to call you idiot?
me: no, I'm sorry (now ego very small liao)
ds: don't let me catch you doing this again, ok?
me: I already said I'm sorry (almost whimpering) :oops:

After he's satisfied that he made me felt bad enough, he happily proceeded to bathe. So I must constantly remind myself to watch my words. Liddat qualified to be maturing or not?
markfch
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Blobbi » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:06 am

markfch wrote:My ds can act like a mini adult sometimes. This event happened last Sat afternoon. DS was preparing to bathe. Then he took out his dirty clothes and put it on the bed. Too quick of mouth, I said this:

me: don't be an idiot, put your dirty clothes on the floor (I regretted saying tis half way thru my sentence)
ds: (turn around, and looking at me a queer manner) are you calling me an idiot?
me: (quickly change the subject) no, I mean you put dirty clothes on the bed is an idiotic action. I don't mean you're idiot.

After he's satisfied that he made me felt bad enough, he happily proceeded to bathe. So I must constantly remind myself to watch my words. Liddat qualified to be maturing or not?

:rotflmao:

How old did you say you and your kid are again??!?

Hilarious lah. Your son's the Ah Pek of the house!

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby duriz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:17 am

markfch wrote:me: no, I'm sorry (now ego very small liao)

Tsk tsk tsk Papa Mark.
Kudos to your DS :love:

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:22 am

markfch wrote:My ds can act like a mini adult sometimes. This event happened last Sat afternoon. DS was preparing to bathe. Then he took out his dirty clothes and put it on the bed. Too quick of mouth, I said this:

So cute :love:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:25 am

markfch wrote:

Hilarious lah you :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

And a mighty mature DS you have there.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time