Lied - Would you expose her???

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Lied - Would you expose her???

Postby KingRascal » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:46 pm

There is this mother whose boy is in the same sports enrichment as my son. I know that she has been wanting to push her son further in this sports. However she did not want to appear too aggressive, thus has been appearing to allow her son to go slow in it with the rest of the group.

It was by chance that her son told us he has turned up for training more than once which is what the rest of the group is doing. However the mother hid this fact from the other parents. In fact it was not just a matter of hiding but she lied about it through some parts of the conversation.

Hmm, I was in a cheeky mood when I heard that, thinking of "exposing" her :lol: :lol: :lol: but DH told me not to be Kapo...

What would you do?

KingRascal
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:58 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby tankee » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:26 pm

I agree with your DH. what's the point of exposing her? :?

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Re: Lied - Would you expose her???

Postby jedamum » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:41 pm

KingRascal wrote:There is this mother whose boy is in the same sports enrichment as my son. I know that she has been wanting to push her son further in this sports. However she did not want to appear too aggressive, thus has been appearing to allow her son to go slow in it with the rest of the group.

It was by chance that her son told us he has turned up for training more than once which is what the rest of the group is doing. However the mother hid this fact from the other parents. In fact it was not just a matter of hiding but she lied about it through some parts of the conversation.

Hmm, I was in a cheeky mood when I heard that, thinking of "exposing" her :lol: :lol: :lol: but DH told me not to be Kapo...

What would you do?

i will keep my distance...and maybe sneakily sign my boy up for more training too! lolz!
half-truths not consider as lying, right? :evil:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8515
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Postby KingRascal » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:43 pm

True...thus my sanity took control and I would let it be...

Just find it disheartening to know how competition can make a person do the undesirable...

KingRascal
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:58 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Blobbi » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:01 pm

King Rascal, notti notti!

But :hi5:

Well, she may be reading these pages and blushing as we type, so gao liao lah. Just know her for what she is, run for the hills when she comes and do as you please.

:celebrate:

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1479
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:35 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby metz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:20 pm

KingRascal wrote:
Just find it disheartening to know how competition can make a person do the undesirable...


Erm, I thought this is the most common type of people? During my school days, there would be some who claimed that they didn't have time to study, sure fail etc... Then it turned out they always topped the class. And from certain sources, these were the very ones who secretly requested for past year papers/notes from seniors and mugged away for exams ...

So, it doesn't come as a surprise when I meet such kind of parents. As a matter of fact, I think I just got to know one recently.
Last edited by metz on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1629
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:38 pm
Total Likes: 4


Postby Guest » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:25 pm

Ya lor....as common as slice bread leh...

Real ugly competition is if she tries to influence the coach to give the opportunity to her kid who is not as good and deprived other well-deserved children of that opportunity. :lol:
Guest
 

Postby KingRascal » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:41 pm

I have already made it very clear that going on a competitive level for my D'S is not what I am looking as it's too time-consuming...so it's perfectly alright for her to admit that she is giving her child more. So there is nothing that she shd hide

I was just joking with my DH that she didn't want us to know for fear that her child could not perform despite the extra training!



ksi wrote:Ya lor....as common as slice bread leh...

Real ugly competition is if she tries to influence the coach to give the opportunity to her kid who is not as good and deprived other well-deserved children of that opportunity. :lol:

KingRascal
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:58 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby KingRascal » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Thought her act was pretty foolish as her child is bound to blurt it out some day...

To me, there is a difference between secrecy and deception. Our children are observing each and every of our acts. We have to ensure that we are setting a right standard for them to follow.

KingRascal
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:58 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby kiasu_pig » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:47 pm

It's doesn't benefit one to expose one's weakness or lies, might just be good to smile and keep quiet; unless one's own benefit is been compromised. If there is nothing nice to say about another person, then the best is to keep quiet (and smile). Because the world is just too small, never know when one needs the another help; although one may be seem to be more superior than another at this instant of time, the wheel of change (or fortune) may turn. Nothing is permanent, except change[s] and death[s].

kiasu_pig
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:43 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Recess Time