*AMAZON SPREE* for those staying in Tampines/Simei/Pasir Ris

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

*AMAZON SPREE* for those staying in Tampines/Simei/Pasir Ris

Postby gumiho » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:24 am

Hi All,

I have a few items which I intend to buy from Amazon Online. As I'm unable to find any Spree Organiser who is staying around my area therefore I'm thinking of organising the Spree myself. May I know are there anyone out there who are keen to purchase items from Amazon so that we can share the shipping charges ?

Following are some of the items which I intend purchase from Amazon.

1) http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... _63&fsc=-1

2) http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... 132&fsc=-1

NOTE : EXCLUDE BULKY/ODD SHAPE ITEMS

gumiho
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby HyperKiasu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi, Fionong,

thanks for initiating this thread.

weeks ago i just purchased some books from amazon without knowing that there is a Spree to share shipping charges. :stupid:

May i know how many more books you might need to enjoy this? (i m considering buying a few children's Encyclopedia. and comparing prices with bookdepository which quote lower price if the books are not hardcover.

btw, i m not staying in the east. can join?

HyperKiasu
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby gumiho » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:15 pm

Hi HyperKiasu,

Thank you for your interest in my Amazon Spree.

The purpose of organising this spree is to help all buyers who stay in Tampines/Bedok/Simei/Pasir Ris to save on both Shipping & Postage Charges.

Understand the CAP Amount is USD400.00 however I wish to CAP the amount as USD300.00 so as to avoid Duties & Taxes in Singapore.

However, the meeting point will be at Tampines Central. Do you mind to meet up over there ?

HyperKiasu wrote:Hi, Fionong,

thanks for initiating this thread.

weeks ago i just purchased some books from amazon without knowing that there is a Spree to share shipping charges. :stupid:

May i know how many more books you might need to enjoy this? (i m considering buying a few children's Encyclopedia. and comparing prices with bookdepository which quote lower price if the books are not hardcover.

btw, i m not staying in the east. can join?

gumiho
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:27 pm

The cap is S$400. Not US$400.
Based on the way customs calculate, it is safest to keep your purchase (include shipping) to less than US$250.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby gumiho » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:35 pm

mrswongtuition wrote:The cap is S$400. Not US$400.
Based on the way customs calculate, it is safest to keep your purchase (include shipping) to less than US$250.

Hi mrswong,
Thank you for your advise.

Hi All,
Anyone who is keen in the Amazon Spree, please kindly message me as I intend the purchase the items by end of this month.

gumiho
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby hwimein » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:14 am

Hey i've dropped you a pm, I'm keen to order, but can I order the skincare and beauty prdts from amazon? Let me know thanks!

hwimein
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Recess Time