Christmas Christmas

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve

Christmas Christmas

Postby BlueBells » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:52 am

With Christmas just round the corners, and kids lacking in almost nothing, what are your gift ideas? Do your kids believe in Santa Claus? If so, how would you wean them out of it without destroying their belief that Santa is real? As your nieces and newphews go into their teens, what would be an appropriate gift for their age?

Re: Christmas Christmas

Postby jedamum » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:44 am

My K2 boy does not believe in Santa....he is actually quite skeptical about a lot of things to start with. :roll:
For gifts, we'll give if we already had something in mind to get him and will use this occasion to give it to him. If not, we will not scout around for a gift for him just for this occasion.
We do not practise Christmas gift giving tradition among family members.

Gifts for teens....I would suggest book vouchers for book vouchers....if you have no idea what they like. :D Guess i am less adventurous when it comes to gift-giving. :P

Postby hquek » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:50 am

I didn't grow up in a westernised/christian family - thus there was never illusion of Santa Claus or even presents during Christmas.

My preference is to buy books for kids - although I'm sure they prefer toys.

I used to rack my brains to buy something useful for, but soon realised, vouchers seem to be best. A bit practical and not romantic, but then at least there'll be a smile from receiver and nothing will be put to waste.

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:27 pm

hquek wrote:...My preference is to buy books for kids - although I'm sure they prefer toys...

Books are great gift ideas for young children.

Site Admin

Postby meredith84 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:29 pm

I think encyclopedia was good for teenage to know more about science of life. I know someone who sell it with reasonable price, maybe you can contact Jamy Koh. Will PM you for details and hope it help..

Postby Tri-mum » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:14 pm

Well, actually Christmas day is the celebration and to honor the birth of Jesus Christ. Santa Claus (also known as Father Christmas or Saint Nicholas) is a popular mythological figure of bringing gifts to the poor children at Christmas in ancient days. Well whether you believe it ornot, it's always a blessings to be able to give. Personally I think it is better to buy something to their interest or something useful to them....otherwise it will ended up throwing $$$ into the dustbin :( there are many choices for girls such as skincare, body lotion, watch, bag or shopping voucher so that they can get something they like. Boys are more limited as they usually prefer electronic games which are expensive unless you're not constraint with budget......I think I would juz get T-shirt or something related to their favourite sports to be more practical.

Return to Recess Time