About Xbox360

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

About Xbox360

Postby limlim » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:28 pm

Anyone plays xbox360 or play with their kids or watch their kid play?

What games do you normally play? Any good education titles to recommend btw..?

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ghostz » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:57 pm

I play viva pinata arcade and clone wars with my dd 5 years. she cant really control that well so i do the joystick while she mashes the buttons.

I want to play my own games but quite hard as my kids always around. so in the end, i just play fallout 3, dead rising, gta etc and give an online commentary that this is all just a game and we shouldn't do those things we do with the characters in real life. so far she has not charged me with a baseball bat yet so all is safe and sound.

ghostz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby limlim » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:43 am

Some games that I purchased include feeding frenzy 2 & lone runner.

I feel that feeding frenzy is quite a nice game everyone can play.. suitable for young and old. the graphics are nice too.

But ever since I got the iPhone 3GS, they kinda neglect the xbox360.. always asking for the iPhone... *sign*......... maybe they like touch control stuff..

but once a while, they'll still play the xbox360..

As for control.. well.. while playing the party games on feeding frenzy with my 5yo DD whereby each player has to control the fish to bite the other's tail.. I don't always get a clear advantage.. the score is like 50-50 type.. :oops:

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: About Xbox360

Postby tankee » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:46 am

limlim wrote:Anyone plays xbox360 or play with their kids or watch their kid play?

What games do you normally play? Any good education titles to recommend btw..?

Last time i check, there isn't any educational titles.

There are some young child friendly games but relatively less compared to wii.

Xbox is for older children and the child in us.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby vicki » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:10 am

Ds (K2) plays xbox with dh or 'arcade' mode. When dh is around - he will link up to the net so that ds can 'challenge' other competitors on-line.

Err... havent seen any educational games yet.

Games ds plays include:-
1) Soul Excalibur
2) All the lego games (Indiana Jones, Batman etc)
3) Spiderman: Friend or Foe (n all other Spiderman games)
4) Ice Age
5) Cars
etc

Recently he's trying out Halo War?! (not sure if it is correct title or not) (strategy type of games)

Now thinking of buiying WII also cos ds 2 (PG2) starting to fight with the kor kor for the xbox! (Maybe i shall go IT fair n see how)

Btw - some of the xbox games are cheaper if you buy via the net (but you gotto be careful cos its region coded)!

vicki
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby limlim » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:55 am

I'll recommend Feeding Frenzy 2 to parents.. it's fun and can hook up to 4 controllers for party game mode where they play against one another.

In the traditional journey mode, 2 players can play co-op.. then no need to fight to play.. (but they still fight when playing coz it like "why you never eat that, why you makan my bonus.. etc.. ")

Yes, M$ points are cheaper in some region and also more variety of games in other region..

There are ways to get other region games and M$ points..

Lone runner is another very nice game.. There's action and puzzle involved.. not easy.

Other games my kids play are assault heros and feeding frenzy 1.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby limlim » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:59 am

So far, I have not bought any xbox360 games off the shelves.. only got those with M$ points.

I got halo 3 and a forazz sports racing game.. new condition.. but never played.. Any way to sell those? It's opened (to test), but practically never played before and disc is totally new.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:33 am

limlim wrote:So far, I have not bought any xbox360 games off the shelves.. only got those with M$ points.

I got halo 3 and a forazz sports racing game.. new condition.. but never played.. Any way to sell those? It's opened (to test), but practically never played before and disc is totally new.

There are game stores that buy in used games.

Or you can try selling on forums

tankee
Site Admin

Postby ghostz » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:39 pm

limlim wrote:So far, I have not bought any xbox360 games off the shelves.. only got those with M$ points.

can try sell in the local xbox or any online forum as tankee advised. just monkey see monkey do e.g. wts halo 3 $XX yishun mrt collect :)

ghostz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby vicki » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:14 am

limlim wrote:I'll recommend Feeding Frenzy 2 to parents.. it's fun and can hook up to 4 controllers for party game mode where they play against one another.

In the traditional journey mode, 2 players can play co-op.. then no need to fight to play.. (but they still fight when playing coz it like "why you never eat that, why you makan my bonus.. etc.. ")

Yes, M$ points are cheaper in some region and also more variety of games in other region..

There are ways to get other region games and M$ points..

Lone runner is another very nice game.. There's action and puzzle involved.. not easy.

Other games my kids play are assault heros and feeding frenzy 1.

I have the PC version of Feeding Frenzy 1 and 2. Is there an Xbox version? Never saw before leh! :wink:

vicki
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time