Armless Pianist

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Armless Pianist

Postby DecJan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Wonder if this video has already been posted on KS parent. If not, hope to share it .....
HCI posted it on its Students' Electronic Message Board. So inspiring and .... touching :cry: ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7CeoUZb ... re=related

DecJan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:28 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Armless Pianist

Postby sakura_2009 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:05 pm

DecJan wrote:Wonder if this video has already been posted on KS parent. If not, hope to share it .....
HCI posted it on its Students' Electronic Message Board. So inspiring and .... touching :cry: ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7CeoUZb ... re=related


Saw this video on Youtube previously...yes, very touching :cry: Shown this to DS too. His Chinese wasn't too good and he didn't really understand what this young man was trying to say at the beginning (& the Eng subs were too fast for him), but he kept really quiet when he saw this man playing the piano with his toes...Amazing...I hope DS will not complain so much in future about 'pain' in the fingers when playing the piano....

sakura_2009
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:49 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby daisyt » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:20 pm

The most amazing part is his attitude towards life. :celebrate:

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:54 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby markfch » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:21 pm

Once in a while I witnessed extraordinary things that totally humbled me. This is one of them. All my little complaints of life seem so petty & trivial compared to what this guy have to face up to daily. :celebrate:
User avatar
markfch
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2752
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:07 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby Pen88n » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:52 pm

Very, very touching. I'm gonna show this to my kids and let them realise how determination can conquer all obstacles and make the impossible possible.

Thanks for the sharing!

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:26 am
Total Likes: 70



Postby autumnbronze » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:30 pm

These two statements are my takeaway from this clip:


1) 2 paths to life - either quickly die or live your life splendidly


2) No one stipulated that the piano has to be played with hands



WOW

:salute: :salute: to you Liu Wei

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 11858
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:54 pm
Total Likes: 63


Postby sleepy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:33 pm

My dd2 watched the video thrice and had tears in her eyes

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 9070
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:21 pm
Total Likes: 34


Postby daisyt » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:26 pm

markfch wrote:Once in a while I witnessed extraordinary things that totally humbled me. This is one of them. All my little complaints of life seem so petty & trivial compared to what this guy have to face up to daily. :celebrate:


So true. Who r e complain kings n queens here? Must watch this. Joking .... :D

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:54 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby radiantmum » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:36 pm

Absolutely inspiring !

radiantmum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:36 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby DecJan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Pen88n wrote:Very, very touching. I'm gonna show this to my kids and let them realise how determination can conquer all obstacles and make the impossible possible.

Thanks for the sharing!


Most glad to share. :D

DecJan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:28 am
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Recess Time