iPod Touch

Postby Jennifer » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:22 am

Pls share views on iPod Touch.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: iPod Touch

Postby waterfall » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:39 am

Jennifer wrote:Pls share views on iPod Touch.

i bought it year ago. love it.

easy to carry, same function as ipad, light, read noval when my dd is in enrichment class. :D

waterfall
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby phankao » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:16 pm

waterfall wrote:

easy to carry, same function as ipad, light, read noval when my dd is in enrichment class. :D

Can use to access web? Got wifi access, right?

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hmsg » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:58 pm

phankao wrote:
waterfall wrote:

Can use to access web? Got wifi access, right?

yes, there is wifi. A very nice company while waiting for kids....

hmsg
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Jennifer » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:53 pm

Pls bear with me :oops: :oops: .

Once the iPod Touch is configured n apps downloaded, we do not need wifi access anymore? Can play like normal handheld games?

How to access wifi in an area with wifi access? Hubby said we need to hv a svc provider acct like singnet acct, correct?

I saw 32GB, 64GB. Hubby said these are memory space, not processing speed. Is Ipod Touch rated on processing speed?

Many thanks in advance for the info. I hope to make a decision in time during the Sept Comex.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:55 pm

waterfall wrote:

I told my boy I worry I cant read clearly if the words appear small, he told me can flick the screen to enlarge?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby limlim » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Jennifer wrote:Pls bear with me :oops: :oops: .

Once the iPod Touch is configured n apps downloaded, we do not need wifi access anymore? Can play like normal handheld games?

How to access wifi in an area with wifi access? Hubby said we need to hv a svc provider acct like singnet acct, correct?

I saw 32GB, 64GB. Hubby said these are memory space, not processing speed. Is Ipod Touch rated on processing speed?

Many thanks in advance for the info. I hope to make a decision in time during the Sept Comex.

1. Depends on whether the game needs a connection. Most games don't. After downloading and installed, can play it anytime w/o connection. Yes, like normal handheld game.

2. Need to enable "Wifi" in the settings. May get a little technical..
a) In public places, it is possible to get Free Wifi access, like wireless@SG.
b) If you want internet access at home, you need to signup internet service provider e.g. Singnet or Starhub. in this case, Yes.

3. Yes. It refers to storage capacity. like 32L fridge or 64L fridge. Bigger number = bigger capacity. 64GB will allow you to store twice as many stuff as the 32GB version on the device. Stuff = programs, games, video, pictures etc..

Ipod touch/iPhone is not rated by processing speed. In fact, the processing speed is not revealed.

4. Maybe not relevant.. but it's not necessary to go comex and squeeze to enjoy the same offer.. during the show, going to ANY hello shop probably get you the same offer.. Unless they state "Only at COMEX" in their advert.

Going to outlets instead of shops also allows you to ask more question and the staff more free to attend to you then to fight with the crowd at comex..

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby limlim » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Jennifer wrote:
I told my boy I worry I cant read clearly if the words appear small, he told me can flick the screen to enlarge?

Not sure about the flipping.. but you can "pinch" in or out to zoom in/out the text usually.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:04 pm

limlim, many thanks for the info.

We were at IMM, visited an authorised Apple dealer. The salespp says unlimited games, the number of GB refers to music, video storage only. How can it be???

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Jennifer wrote:limlim, many thanks for the info.

We were at IMM, visited an authorised Apple dealer. The salespp says unlimited games, the number of GB refers to music, video storage only. How can it be???

Not sure abt unlimited games... But GB does refer to memory space.

http://store.apple.com/sg/browse/home/s ... TAyNTQzMjU

Footnote 1: 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less. Song capacity is based on 4 minutes per song and 128-Kbps AAC encoding; in 256-Kbps AAC format, song capacity is up to 875 songs (8GB), 3,500 songs (32GB), or 7,000 songs (64GB); actual capacity varies by encoding method and bit rate. Video capacity is based on H.264 1.5-Mbps video at 640-by-480 resolution combined with 128-Kbps audio; actual capacity varies by content.

You would be better off getting the 32GB or 64GB as they are the 3rd generation series. 8GB version has been on the market for some time already. On top of that, the the price has come off quite a bit, so safer to always get more memory :)

Funny thing is.. I compared the specs_8GB_and_32GBor64GB... The only diff seems to be the the latter having apple earphone with remote and mic and volume control... Otherwise everything looks similar :?
Last edited by ZacK on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time