Share your views on photography studio

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Share your views on photography studio

Postby Mrs Ang » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi, I'm thinking of taking family photo but there are so many photography studios around so can anyone share their experience. Thanks a lot!

Mrs Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:29 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby mrswongtuition » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:47 pm

My fave: www.benjaminloo.com

He's a father of 4 and works wonders with kids.
If you are taking family photo with young kids, he's very understanding (unlike some I've met who insist we got to quickly finish the shot without consideration that my boy's face could not be seen).

I did my maternity, breastfeeding and my boy's shots with him.
Even my boy's first birthday party was covered by his excellent photography skills. :)

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby limlim » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:27 am

you can try searching in photography forums like clubsnap and then compare the different quotes..

Some is even willing to do it for free.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 6623
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:43 pm
Total Likes: 102


Postby Mrs Ang » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:31 am

limlim wrote:you can try searching in photography forums like clubsnap and then compare the different quotes..

Some is even willing to do it for free.

Thanks a lot!

Mrs Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:29 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Mrs Ang » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:31 am

mrswongtuition wrote:My fave: www.benjaminloo.com

He's a father of 4 and works wonders with kids.
If you are taking family photo with young kids, he's very understanding (unlike some I've met who insist we got to quickly finish the shot without consideration that my boy's face could not be seen).

I did my maternity, breastfeeding and my boy's shots with him.
Even my boy's first birthday party was covered by his excellent photography skills. :)

Thanks!

Mrs Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:29 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby hapydino » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:54 am

i did my maternity and DD's 1st yr photo shoot with Foto U - photographer WaiPeng as there were semi nude shots and HB is more comfortable with a female photographer but i've heard of wonder stories of Benjamin as well as David.. :)

i brought along my dog for both photo shoots and Wai Peng was great in co-ordinating us, the dog as well as a 1 yr old toddler back then.. we had plenty of beautiful pictures from both photo shoots.. :)

one thing i like was all photos taken returned via a CD and we choose the ones we like for them to compile (design layout) and printed into a coffee table photo book..

hapydino
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Mrs Ang » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:15 am

hapydino wrote:i did my maternity and DD's 1st yr photo shoot with Foto U - photographer WaiPeng as there were semi nude shots and HB is more comfortable with a female photographer but i've heard of wonder stories of Benjamin as well as David.. :)

i brought along my dog for both photo shoots and Wai Peng was great in co-ordinating us, the dog as well as a 1 yr old toddler back then.. we had plenty of beautiful pictures from both photo shoots.. :)

one thing i like was all photos taken returned via a CD and we choose the ones we like for them to compile (design layout) and printed into a coffee table photo book..

Can I know how much did you spend?
How do I contact David?

Mrs Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:29 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby hapydino » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:08 am

Mrs Ang wrote:Can I know how much did you spend?
How do I contact David?


Hi Mrs Ang

The links below for your reference.

http://www.foto-u.com/about/

I used Wai Peng, her works and fees can be found here.

I think she up her fees already cuz I remembered I paid around $350 for maternity photo shoot (2007) and $500 for 1yr family photo shoot (2008).. Both shoots I got back all the high reso images in CD + both comes with a printed album with selected images + layout done up by her..

http://www.foto-u.com/rates-waipeng/
http://www.waipeng.com/

hapydino
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby mrswongtuition » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:31 am

Forgot to mention. Benjamin is a photgrapher with foto-u too! :)

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Mrs Ang » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Thanks a lot everyone :love:

Mrs Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:29 pm
Total Likes: 0



Return to Recess Time