Peugeot 307 convertible or Mercedes coupe

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Peugeot 307 convertible or Mercedes coupe

Postby loner » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:04 pm

Could not decide to purchase Peugeot 307 convertible or Mercedes coupe. Both are sports type but was told Peugeot's servicing are more expensive though the purchase price (2nd hand) are much lower than Merc. coupe. Any good recommendation for a lady driver?

loner
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Peugeot 307 convertible or Mercedes coupe

Postby verykiasu2010 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:13 pm

loner wrote:Could not decide to purchase Peugeot 307 convertible or Mercedes coupe. Both are sports type but was told Peugeot's servicing are more expensive though the purchase price (2nd hand) are much lower than Merc. coupe. Any good recommendation for a lady driver?

take the Merc any time .... reliability and availability of parts

models you can consider : SL 65 AMG, or the SLK, depending on budget
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby carebear » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:57 pm

I hope you are not taking a loan to buy a luxury car?
IMHO, the merc will be better since resale I'd better and higher status symbol. U giving this car to your wifey? Or are you a lady?
My dream car is the Porsche cayenne...........
Athough I think I won't know how to park it.
However if I am living in a place where there is large land, I want the hummer SUV.........

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:34 am

carebear wrote:I hope you are not taking a loan to buy a luxury car?
IMHO, the merc will be better since resale I'd better and higher status symbol. U giving this car to your wifey? Or are you a lady?
However if I am living in a place where there is large land, I want the hummer SUV.........

alamak, both Porsche Cayenne and Hummer got size without look, very obiang to me (one man's meat is another's poison).

the Hummer is known as coal mine boss' give away cars to the managers in China's coal provinces......
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby loner » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:02 am

I'm not taking a loan to get a 2nd hand car. Just a gift from my DH to commemorate our 12th anniversary. :love: But having said that, I'm looking for a car that is most value for money- without burning his pocket ( u know the typical "auntie" mentality) :wink:

loner
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mummyjoyce » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:26 am

loner wrote:I'm not taking a loan to get a 2nd hand car. Just a gift from my DH to commemorate our 12th anniversary. :love: But having said that, I'm looking for a car that is most value for money- without burning his pocket ( u know the typical "auntie" mentality) :wink:

:!: so envy.
I will get a cheaper car but buy a highend watch instead. But looking at the gifts that you DH is buying for you; you should have loads of highend watches already :hugs:

mummyjoyce
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby loner » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:55 am

I only have a rolex watch which I've bought during my working days but
DH is just trying to fulfil my dream of owning a "sport car" within his means. :love: So, me DW cannot be too much, must help him to save lah! :wink:

quote="mummyjoyce"]
loner wrote:I'm not taking a loan to get a 2nd hand car. Just a gift from my DH to commemorate our 12th anniversary. :love: But having said that, I'm looking for a car that is most value for money- without burning his pocket ( u know the typical "auntie" mentality) :wink:

:!: so envy.
I will get a cheaper car but buy a highend watch instead. But looking at the gifts that you DH is buying for you; you should have loads of highend watches already :hugs:[/quote]

loner
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby duriz » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:57 am

loner wrote:I'm not taking a loan to get a 2nd hand car. Just a gift from my DH to commemorate our 12th anniversary. :love:

*envy*

I would buy the Peugeot.
Happy Anniversary to you and your DH, and many more to come.
Enjoy your new car :celebrate:

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby loner » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:16 am

:thankyou:

duriz wrote:
loner wrote:I'm not taking a loan to get a 2nd hand car. Just a gift from my DH to commemorate our 12th anniversary. :love:

*envy*

I would buy the Peugeot.
Happy Anniversary to you and your DH, and many more to come.
Enjoy your new car :celebrate:

loner
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:22 pm

verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time