Future of the TV in the house.....

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Future of the TV in the house.....

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:48 pm

At the rate things are going(we hardly watch TV for TV programmes)....I have a strange feeling that the TV in my house in future will be used as a publishing pad for our different schedules of our day and probably as flashing reminders of our activities before we step out of the house. I also envisage it can be a publishing pad for the Straits Times news that I will read daily on a 50" screen as I age gracefully.....doing away with killing the trees and reduce carbon footprint of the newspapers vendors delivering to my house..... Lastly, a TV will always have a place in my living room as an asthetical display piece and as a screen for karaoke and Wii games..... :rotflmao:

What do you think? Are you facing a similar situation? :tongue:

Re: Future of the TV in the house.....

Postby 3Boys » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:03 pm

ksi wrote:At the rate things are going(we hardly watch TV for TV programmes)....I have a strange feeling that the TV in my house in future will be used as a publishing pad for our different schedules of our day and probably as flashing reminders of our activities before we step out of the house. I also envisage it can be a publishing pad for the Straits Times news that I will read daily on a 50" screen as I age gracefully.....doing away with killing the trees and reduce carbon footprint of the newspapers vendors delivering to my house..... Lastly, a TV will always have a place in my living room as an asthetical display piece and as a screen for karaoke and Wii games..... :rotflmao:

What do you think? Are you facing a similar situation? :tongue:

The dream of a fully integrated multimedia platform, with internet, cable TV, video calls, all rolling into a box and piped to my flat panel display, has, alas, yet to be realised.

The economist published an article recently, comparing the carbon footprint of e-books and paper books, an interesting read...

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:20 pm

3boys, anywhere I can read the article online?

Actually I am not looking into an integrated system per se but I noticed the usage of my TV is evolving and in the near future I believe before I am even fully aware of it, the definition of TV will be changed.

Return to Recess Time