Mischievous school bus-mates

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Mischievous school bus-mates

Postby springvinn » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:23 am

Need some advice on how to handle mischievous school bus-mates. Some unacceptance behaviours and bad manners feedback:

1. Never buckle seat belt
2. Jump, play in the school bus
3. "Little bully" over those obedient group in the bus
4. School bus monitors do not perform the duties of "handling" the students; they behave like the dominant group

Advice:
1. To inform the school general office?
2. Bus driver role? (currently no bus auntie, if need one, require to pay more bus fare)
3. Change bus? (a bit impossible too as the route is scheduled and no other bus will have the similar route)

springvinn
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby duriz » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:32 am

Hi springvinn,

You can try these threads:

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... ight=bully

(page 3 discusses bus bully briefly)

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 28e1a66175

(this thread discusses misbehaving children)

Good luck.

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Little M » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:56 pm

This happened to my boy.

I told him he has to deal with it. When all else failed, I report to the school's general office. They got the discipline master to tell off the whole bus load of boys.

Problem solved.

Little M
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Jennifer » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:30 pm

My P3 boy recently got into a fight with a classmate who takes the same bus home. This playful classmate tried to snatch his spectacles n also pinched my boy's eyelid. So my boy punched him, he pushed my boy against the bus window twice and then ran to the back of the moving bus. My boy chased after him n the two continued fighting until the bus driver stopped the bus in the middle of the road and told them to stop. Very dramatic right?

I called up the sch after hearing the story from my boy. The FT reported the case to the sch disciplinary master and called up the playful boy's mother. I was told by my boy that none was summoned to the disciplinart master's office :roll:

My elder boy (skinny n short built) used to take sch bus to n fro. Never had such problems. It helps that he has a stern face and keeps to himself when travelling on the bus. No one dared to disturb him. His stares can look scary at times.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby auntieM » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:05 pm

My DS's bus driver will return to the school if any fighting occur, there is also a CCTV on bus..
The older boys normally told to sit behind and the younger in front..
Sure have those 'swanky' ones, I just tel my DS to stay/sit away from them.. :wink:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby springvinn » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:28 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience. Appreciated :)

My DH and I advise our DS to handle the situation wisely. Rules of thumb: Never, Never hit back; Sit & Ignore. When all else failed, I told DS to warn the school mate that my mummy will report the case to general office.

This morning when I asked DS how was the situation in the bus yesterday. DS said he told the school mate abt reporting him to General office. The boy's response is "So!!!". I reckon either the boy is too lonely and need a little spice up or ???.

Now, I try to fetch DS to/ fro school if possible.

springvinn
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Jennifer » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:40 pm

springvinn wrote:Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience. Appreciated :)

My DH and I advise our DS to handle the situation wisely. Rules of thumb: Never, Never hit back; Sit & Ignore. When all else failed, I told DS to warn the school mate that my mummy will report the case to general office.

This morning when I asked DS how was the situation in the bus yesterday. DS said he told the school mate abt reporting him to General office. The boy's response is "So!!!". I reckon either the boy is too lonely and need a little spice up or ???.

huh? Since your boy has said it, then u must go report to sch and make a big hooha abt this boy's comment. Some kids thought we only verbal threaten, must show this naughty boy who's the boss.

My boy got a very minor cut on his forehead after being pushed agst the bus window. When the FT called me, I told her if my boy needs stitches, I will report to police. Cant let her think I am easy going type.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Little M » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:21 pm

springvinn wrote:This morning when I asked DS how was the situation in the bus yesterday. DS said he told the school mate abt reporting him to General office. The boy's response is "So!!!". I reckon either the boy is too lonely and need a little spice up or ???.

I also told my boy to go n verbal threaten the other boy, that if he bullies again, then we would report him to the discipline master . The bad boy wasn't scared and also said the same thing.

So you should really step in and either tell the naughty boy off yourself or get the school involve.

I don't think it is a good idea of you do the fetching just because of this incident. It is a cruel world out there and they need to learn how to deal with nasty situations.

Little M
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Recess Time