What my child says/does that touches me...

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

What my child says/does that touches me...

Postby Angelight » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:05 pm

Earlier today I was exercising on my treadmill when DD came into the room and looked at the moving treadmill with curiosity.

Next she put her tiny foot on the treadmill and I immediately told her, "Don't do it! You may fall down." She quickly withdrew her foot and ran away.

After a few minutes, she peeked into the room at me. "What do you want, Sweetie?? I asked her, still running on my treadmill.

"Be careful, Mummy. Don't fall down," she said, looking at me with concern in her big eyes.

My heart immediately melted and I turned to her with a smile, "Don't worry, Mummy will not fall."

And her little concern just brightened up my day.

When was the last time your child touches your heart?

Angelight
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: What my child says/does that touches me...

Postby jedamum » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Angelight wrote:

early this month, i received a birthday card from my P2.

he wrote;
I know how much you care for me, so now it's time to show you mine.

i woke up that day finding him hiding in his bedroom, red faced. he was running a fever and when i asked him why he did not inform me after he had checked his temperature, he told me that he did not want to spoil my birthday.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jeanllhjc » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:39 pm

So sweet.:love:

jeanllhjc
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:40 pm

Angelight, Jedamum.....your kids are so sweet... :love: :love:

Postby jeanllhjc » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:41 pm

I remember when my child was very young, and was learning about the life span of a battery... suddenly he said ' Mummy, I hope you can 'last' very long' :love:
Last edited by jeanllhjc on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeanllhjc
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby cindylauper » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:44 pm

jedamum wrote:
Angelight wrote:

early this month, i received a birthday card from my P2.

he wrote;
I know how much you care for me, so now it's time to show you mine.

i woke up that day finding him hiding in his bedroom, red faced. he was running a fever and when i asked him why he did not inform me after he had checked his temperature, he told me that he did not want to spoil my birthday.

I was having a meal at a chinese restaurant in Boon Lay with a few friends and my daughter (was about 7 years old then) was with me. There was a birthday celebration in the same restaurant and a big burly man shouted"yam seng" into the microphone several times. So as to protect my daughters' ears, I covered her ears with both hands. Guess what happened? She used her two little hands to cover my ears at the same time! I was so touched by her response. :love:

cindylauper
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:45 pm

My most recent one is today.

When I fetched her from school today, she gave me a paperbag with a pastry inside, a goodie bag from her friend's birthday. She said most of her friends ate it during recess but she had saved hers for me and at the same time bought a bottle of water for me to go with it.

Though I did not eat it as it was dinner time, the thoughtfulness went through my system warmly.... :love:

Postby jeanllhjc » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:51 pm

The more recent ones are when he took his initiative to bring a chair for me to sit on while I blow dry his hair, knowing my legs have been aching lately.

jeanllhjc
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tutormum » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:50 pm

When DS3 was in P1, I brought him to a coffee shop to celebrate his birthday after school. I explained that he could order western food (which is the most expensive among the stalls) as it was alright to indulge a little on his special day. He suggested that we shared the meal as he won't be able to finish it. When asked what drink he would like to have, he asked for the cheapest. He would compare prices and buy the cheapest item to save money cos he knew how hard it was for me to earn them. He opted for porridge instead of noodles when he ate in school cos porridge cost 10 cents cheaper. Even now, he would weigh the cost before buying anything. He's very thifty but when it comes to God, he's very generous. He tithes 15% of his pocket money. Just last week, he gave his entire ang pow money from DH's aunt as offerings. When I questioned him, he nonchalantly told me that he does not mind giving to God.

On another occasion, he told me that he wants to earn lots of money when he grew up and get a maid to care for me while he's at work. When I asked him what if the maid 'bully' me esp when I'm senile and couldn't tell him, he said that he would install CCTV around the house to check on her.

The most recent one was he kissed me on the cheek while I was sleeping before leaving for school in the morning. I was aware of it as I was awoke and when he came home from school he told me that he did it cos he loved me and just wanted to do it. :love: :love:

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:52 am

Gosh jedamum .....

Your DS is such a gem :love: :love:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time