d gahmen hv failed our own ppl. :(

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: The State of the Nation

Postby verykiasu2010 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:06 am

Way2GO wrote:Image

in the 1986-88 recessions, I have friends who send out 500, 800 letters with no reply, even with self-postage stamp and self addressed envelops....and any lucky guy with offers have had starting pay at $500 pm for accountancy
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Way2GO » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:04 am

We r not in a recession now.
Still, while it has been said dat many jobs were created dis year,
there r many PMETs who r still out of jobs for many months.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: The State of the Nation

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:21 am

verykiasu2010 wrote:
Way2GO wrote:Image

in the 1986-88 recessions, I have friends who send out 500, 800 letters with no reply, even with self-postage stamp and self addressed envelops....and any lucky guy with offers have had starting pay at $500 pm for accountancy

I knew a lucky gal....she did not send out any letters, got an interview by calling up and went for a 2-hour gruelling interview. Within the day, she was notified she got the job(which she thought she failed) and the starting pay was more than twice of $500, she could only go to a corner and laugh at her luck.

But it is true, many of her peers did not get a job until after 1-2 years later.

Postby verykiasu2010 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:40 am

Way2GO wrote:We r not in a recession now.
Still, while it has been said dat many jobs were created dis year,
there r many PMETs who r still out of jobs for many months.

you are right

however, many jobs lost during the meltdown of 2008-2009 will never return, notwithstanding new jobs were/ are created all the time
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:47 am

it is unfortunate that some how some people seems to drop through the crack more often than others....it is often times a combination of various factors : timing, presentation (resume did not shine the right point, the person himself / herself), performance at interview when called for (body language, manner of speech, tone of speech, eye contact or lack of it, too quiet, too talkative, too opinionated, not punctual, not dressed appropriately, offending words, rub the interviewers the wrong way...etc etc many dynamics at play during discussion / interview but all managed wrongly.......)

such people just need someone merciful to take him on to start some where to begin with, but corporate world is hardly merciful where the new emphasis is faster cheaper (& what is the other one ? lol) ......
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:08 am

verykiasu2010 wrote:it is unfortunate that some how some people seems to drop through the crack more often than others....it is often times a combination of various factors : timing, presentation (resume did not shine the right point, the person himself / herself), performance at interview when called for (body language, manner of speech, tone of speech, eye contact or lack of it, too quiet, too talkative, too opinionated, not punctual, not dressed appropriately, offending words, rub the interviewers the wrong way...etc etc many dynamics at play during discussion / interview but all managed wrongly.......)

such people just need someone merciful to take him on to start some where to begin with, but corporate world is hardly merciful where the new emphasis is faster cheaper (& what is the other one ? lol) ......

Just to share further....the same lucky girl managed to get her friend into the same company to enjoy the perks of that MNC. Prior to that, that friend was snooty...think she was a graduate, people would hire her anyway, she sent alot of letters out but to no avail. And when her lucky friend told her about the new job, she was so skeptical because the title of the job did not sound grand enough for her, no "executive". :faint: :lol:

In the end, lucky her friend convinced this snooty friend to take up the job and only then the snooty friend realised......while others were suffering from no job, these 2 young ladies were leading a high life....eating good food and making good money. Both managed to own their own cars after 3-4 years of work while their same cohort friends were more than 2 years behind them.

Postby verykiasu2010 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:15 am

ksi, i guess you are the lucky gal and you are the kind friend to the snooty friend ...
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:40 am

verykiasu2010 wrote:ksi, i guess you are the lucky gal and you are the kind friend to the snooty friend ...

Eh?? Where did that come from? I thought I was sharing with you the story of the lucky girl? :? Don't read too much la vks2010...just enjoy the moral of the story.... :lol:

Postby duriz » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:52 am

ksi wrote:
verykiasu2010 wrote:ksi, i guess you are the lucky gal and you are the kind friend to the snooty friend ...

Eh?? Where did that come from? I thought I was sharing with you the story of the lucky girl? :? Don't read too much la vks2010...just enjoy the moral of the story.... :lol:

He hangs around here too much liao.
Becoming like us girls.
Reads too much into EH-BUI-THING :P

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time