Happy Children's Day

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Happy Children's Day

Postby Angelight » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:43 pm

I happened to chance upon this volunteer welfare organisation called Sanctuary House in a news report. Out of curiosity, I checked out its website and found out that it is a charity for abandoned and abused babies and children. In fact, most of these babies were born out of wedlock and abandoned by their mothers, one of whom was even a foreign domestic maid. Some of these little ones taken under the wings at Sanctuary House were even physically abused by their parents or caregivers.

It saddened me to read about the plight of these little ones. If children were from heaven, why did these parents not cherish this precious gift that God has given them? Children are innocent, and they certainly do not deserve the abuse or abandonment they were dished out. It angered me to read about little ones being abused, physically or even sexually, because of the perverted minds and behaviours of these adults.

To me, no amount of years of prison sentence or strokes of cane can alleviate the pain and suffering these little ones went through. The damage was done, so what if the abuser was sentenced to jail and caned? The child would have to live with the physical and emotional scars for the rest of his/her lives.

Some people desperately wanted to have children but could not have; yet some just destroyed the lives of their own offspring because of their selfish, ignorant acts. I can only lament that life is so unfair.

I have decided to donate some of DD's used clothes and toys to Sanctuary House. I'm even contemplating adopting a child from there, but subject to DH's approval. I hope every small effort will help bring love and hope to the abused and abandoned children at Sanctuary House.

And come this Children's Day, I wish my beloved DD, all the kids of kiasu parents here and not forgetting the underprivileged little ones out there - a happy and blessed Children's Day!

Angelight
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Happy Children's Day

Postby triplediao » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Angelight wrote:
And come this Children's Day, I wish my beloved DD, all the kids of kiasu parents here and not forgetting the underprivileged little ones out there - a happy and blessed Children's Day!

Thanks!

Triplediao

triplediao
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby snowman.697 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Thanks, for the well-wishes... much appreciated (:

snowman.697
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:03 pm

Nice sharing Angelight.

For all the children out there:

Postby BlurBee » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:15 am

ksi, I was also thinking of changing to ur avatar of children's day yesterday. Some cute :love:

Happy Children's day to all children.

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby autumnbronze » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:34 am

ksi,

Your new avatar is really cute :celebrate:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby duriz » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:57 am

Happy Children's Day :D

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:59 am

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LKVM » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:16 am

wow everyone changed their avatars huh :shock:

Coool man!!!!!!!!!

Wishing all the kids a very happy children's day :celebrate: :celebrate:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Brenda10 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:33 am

Happy Children Day.

Today DD is going to go Timezone because she was given a free 2 games coupon during the NDP 2010.

Brenda10
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time