Any Non-Christian studying in Christian/Catholic school?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Any Non-Christian studying in Christian/Catholic school?

Postby Big fish » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:25 am

Hi
Need some feedback so I can prepare my child if she gets into a Christian/Catholic secondary. Such as prayers, bible studies, test.... more info.
Also, how does your child adapt to the new environment, did he/her feel outcast?

Tks.

Christian/Catholic friends are welcome to comment, tks.

Big fish
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Any Non-Christian studying in Christian/Catholic school?

Postby bebebub » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:49 pm

Big fish wrote:Hi
Need some feedback so I can prepare my child if she gets into a Christian/Catholic secondary. Such as prayers, bible studies, test.... more info.
Also, how does your child adapt to the new environment, did he/her feel outcast?

Tks.

Eh, what "test"??

No preparation needed. Just go with your heart and let God do the rest. Most importantly, the values of the school, which is usually based on biblical teachings, should ideally, not clash with your family beliefs. Your child is likely to enjoy the chapel period which includes singing (praise n worship) and story time (reading of bible parables).

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pinky88 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Tks.

Hi Big Fish, there's basically nothing to prepare. My kids r in catholic sch & we r non-christian. For non-christian, there's only prayers, no bible studies or test. No worries, yr child will not feel outcast, the sch treat everyone (Christian/non-christian) equal.

pinky88
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Big fish » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi there,
Thanks for all the advices. A friend told me the students have a test about bible studies, I'm not sure about the details. But I think its fine .

I think she'll learn a lot of good values from the school.

Big fish
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby janet88 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Tks.

We are not Christians nor Catholics. Kids attend a Christian kindergarten...son is in a Christian primary school while daughter will be attending a convent school next year. We have no problems with that.
Son has Christian values lesson once a week and a pastor talking to them...both of them were taught Christian songs and they sing those songs at home too.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby daddyof3 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:39 am

Hi there,

My girl studies at a christian school and we are non-christian. Just an observation. We need to watch the "superiority" complex of some members in the school (be it pupils or teachers) when they try to teach something or prove a point.

daddyof3
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Recess Time