School Bus for 3/4 years old

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

School Bus for 3/4 years old

Postby JHJC » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:17 pm

Hi
any parents here uses school bus for your 3 or 4 years old children when they go for nursery class? do you think they are too young to take school bus?
I once saw a 3 years old "transform" after a few term taking school bus. Picked up scary behaviour from the older kids. Wonder if its an isolated case?
unfortunately, its an option i have to consider now.
Please advise.

JHJC
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:37 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: School Bus for 3/4 years old

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:35 pm

JHJC wrote:Hi
any parents here uses school bus for your 3 or 4 years old children when they go for nursery class? do you think they are too young to take school bus?
I once saw a 3 years old "transform" after a few term taking school bus. Picked up scary behaviour from the older kids. Wonder if its an isolated case?
unfortunately, its an option i have to consider now.
Please advise.


My daughter has been using the school bus to go to her preschool since she was slightly over 2yo. Doesn't seem to have any negative reaction from that exposure so far.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby luvmum » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:11 pm

same here...my child started when she was 2 yrs...but mine is a mini bus at tat time so no of pple there not many. But I withdraw her out after like a few mths, not so much becos of her but becos of the driver prob. No choice gotta put her on full day childcare and do all the transportation on our own.

Come next yr when my child is in kindy, I will be putting her on tpt again and for my 2 yrs old boy who joins playgp...no choice diff location and I'm working. Just pray hard for a safe journey each day.

luvmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 10:14 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby JHJC » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:17 pm

thanks for the feedback.. i guess i am just super KS. I am going to just let her try out one direction first ..and like you say luvmum... pray all will be well.

JHJC
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:37 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby lostbunny » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:32 pm

My boys have also been taking school bus (those mini vans) since they were 2 years old. They only take 1 way as we send them to the child care. Taking school bus is generally safe if the driver is not reckless. For my boys' school bus, there is an auntie who sits behind with them to take care of them.

lostbunny
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:46 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby JHJC » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:34 pm

I enquired abt the school bus and watch them for 1 full year (when i was the bus driver myself :).
My girl being in the N1 appears so tiny compared to the K1 and K2 Children. When they rush for the lift from the carpark... its quite scary as they all hold on to a common "dougnut" that keeps them in line. So if one run.. the one behind will be drag along.

JHJC
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:37 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: School Bus for 3/4 years old

Postby Mami_Jazz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:52 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
JHJC wrote:Hi
any parents here uses school bus for your 3 or 4 years old children when they go for nursery class? do you think they are too young to take school bus?
I once saw a 3 years old "transform" after a few term taking school bus. Picked up scary behaviour from the older kids. Wonder if its an isolated case?
unfortunately, its an option i have to consider now.
Please advise.


My daughter has been using the school bus to go to her preschool since she was slightly over 2yo. Doesn't seem to have any negative reaction from that exposure so far.


:celebrate: but some aunties will comment
"aiyo so small take sch bus liao ah" :roll:

Mami_Jazz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:12 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby tanlengleng » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:40 am

JHJC wrote:I enquired abt the school bus and watch them for 1 full year (when i was the bus driver myself :).
My girl being in the N1 appears so tiny compared to the K1 and K2 Children. When they rush for the lift from the carpark... its quite scary as they all hold on to a common "dougnut" that keeps them in line. So if one run.. the one behind will be drag along.


"dougnut"??

tanlengleng
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:36 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby schellen » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:51 am

tanlengleng wrote:
JHJC wrote:I enquired abt the school bus and watch them for 1 full year (when i was the bus driver myself :).
My girl being in the N1 appears so tiny compared to the K1 and K2 Children. When they rush for the lift from the carpark... its quite scary as they all hold on to a common "dougnut" that keeps them in line. So if one run.. the one behind will be drag along.


"dougnut"??


I think she meant a long loop of "rope" that the kids must hold on to when they walk. So they will be walking kinda like 2-by-2, with the "doughnut" in the middle.

My guess only so may not actually be right. :oops:

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:17 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby tanlengleng » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:33 pm

schellen wrote:
tanlengleng wrote:
JHJC wrote:I enquired abt the school bus and watch them for 1 full year (when i was the bus driver myself :).
My girl being in the N1 appears so tiny compared to the K1 and K2 Children. When they rush for the lift from the carpark... its quite scary as they all hold on to a common "dougnut" that keeps them in line. So if one run.. the one behind will be drag along.


"dougnut"??


I think she meant a long loop of "rope" that the kids must hold on to when they walk. So they will be walking kinda like 2-by-2, with the "doughnut" in the middle.

My guess only so may not actually be right. :oops:


Interesting, I hadn't seen one b4. :)

tanlengleng
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:36 am
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Recess Time