Twins- Do you put them in same class?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Twins- Do you put them in same class?

Postby JHJC » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:38 pm

Hi Parents
for those of you that has multiple birth ... when your childrens were in pre school. Did you put them in same class? or is it better to seperate them? could you share why too?
Thank you.

JHJC
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Imp75 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:34 pm

Yes will put them in same class for preschool so that they won't cry as have companionship, rather than my firstborn who cried for a while before getting accustomed to preschool life

Imp75
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Mummy Koala Bear » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Do you have twins too? I have twin gals, going 2 in Feb 09.

Heard different views from friends who have twins. One believed in putting them in different classes, so that they make friends with other children and not stick to one another. Another has a twin sister, said they were very close since young, 'cos they went to same school, same class. But specifically requested to go different class in secondary school to meet new friends.

Mummy Koala Bear
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tanlengleng » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:20 am

Our neighbour told us she has her twins in different classes,
cause the teachers are unable to recognise the naughtier one... :)

tanlengleng
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Twins- Do you put them in same class?

Postby nonKiasu » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:14 pm

JHJC wrote:Hi Parents
for those of you that has multiple birth ... when your childrens were in pre school. Did you put them in same class? or is it better to seperate them? could you share why too?
Thank you.

My triplets are now K1 in childcare. I wanted to put them in different classes (happened that their year have 2 classes) but centre refuse. So, no choice. My reason of separating them is they have been playing too much together and most impt of all, my youngest one is so dependent on the other 2 while my elder one is getting dormineering. At home, sometimes he determine who play what toy :x . Worst, my youngest one ask his brothers for permission if the latter one is holding toy that he wants to play. If he gets a no answer, he just stood there and cry, waiting for help :x Then the brother that is not involved in the conflict will help him to get the toy over. Sharing things are better nowadays when I try to teach what is 5 mins and how to look at clock. But the dormineering-dependent issue is still very real, so much so that people thot my elder one is 1 year older than my youngest one (well, my elder one is also slighter taller and bigger).

On the other hand, the advantage of putting them together in a class is that they can help each other and easier for me. My neighbour told me that her son P3 class has one of the triplets. That set of triplets are in diff classes and the poor mummy has to run all of the place as their projects, assignments and CCA differ. The reason for them in diff class is that they perform differently academically. So, I guess I need to think abt this issue again only when they are academically the same. Otherwise, we have no choice anyway.

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vividlaurel » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:14 am

Thank you.

Hi! My twins are in K2 this year and right from the begining (N1) have been in different classes, except for the begining of N1 for about 2 months when they were in the same class. I think this was the best solution so that each of them learned to be independent and have their own friends. Also since they are a b/g combination, it is not so bad since they are very different from each other.

Also I have heard that in Spore, most schools will not put twins/triplets in the same class, they will be in different classes, so better get used to it right now!

vividlaurel
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby GreenQ » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:41 am

Thank you.

My triplets r in same class (K1) as the kindergarden only got 1 class in morning session. But teacher asked them to sit in diff tables. I think its gd for them. Cos they would tend to talk and talk and make noise if put them together (juz as at home while doing homework). At diff tables, they can make new frens and learn to share stationary items with new frens.

Have read fr a book saying that its better to put multiple birth in diff class in formal sch. Cos it would reduce their stress fr teachers or peers or other adults to compare them in every sense eg - height, weight, academic, character, sosial skill etc. :)

So think I would not object if teacher in P1 put them in diff class. Unless they encounter serious problem showing their fear to attend to sch. Then will consider to put them together.

GreenQ
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby JHJC » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:32 pm

Dear all,
thank you for all your sharing. I registered my boys for N1 2010 today...and i have requested them to be together.... sure hope they have fun together! :D

JHJC
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Recess Time