Seasons Greetings 2008-2009

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Seasons Greetings 2008-2009

Postby ZacK » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:12 pm

Merry Christmas to CKS and the many kiasu mummies and daddies,

Wishing all an enjoyable and happy holidays during this Christmas season. May next year be a time of love, peace, joy, happiness and with new discoveries of how best to groom and enrich the lives our little ones :D

With the doom and gloom going about in the global economy... I particularly liked this story from the Inspirational stories and quotes of this forum (Recreated below for easy reference).

Regardless of the state of our respective financial wealth, I hope that all of us will still be RICH in spirit ;)

====================================
One day a wealthy father brought his son to a trip to the country with the intent to show him how poor people can be. They spent a day and a night in the farm of a very poor family.

When they got back from their trip the father asked his son, "How was the trip?"

"Very good Dad!"

"Did you see how poor people can be?" the father asked.

"Yeah!"

"And what did you learn?"

The son answered, "I saw that we have a dog at home, and they have four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of the garden, they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lamps in the garden, they have the stars. Our patio reaches to the front yard, they have a whole horizon."

When the little boy was finishing, his father was speechless. His son added, "Thanks Dad for showing me how poor we are!"

Isn't it true that it all depends on the way you look at things? If you have love, friends, family, health, good humor and a positive attitude towards life-you've got everything!

You can't buy any of these things, but still you can have all the material possessions you can imagine, provisions for the future, etc., but if you are poor of spirit, you have nothing!
==================================

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Seasons Greetings

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:27 pm

ZacK wrote:Merry Christmas to CKS and the many kiasu mummies and daddies,

Wishing all an enjoyable and happy holidays during this Christmas season. May next year be a time of love, peace, joy, happiness and with new discoveries of how best to groom and enrich the lives our little ones :D

With the doom and gloom going about in the global economy... I particularly liked this story from the Inspirational stories and quotes of this forum (Recreated below for easy reference)...

Hi ZacK, Merry Christmas to you and all at home too! Economic boom and bust - they all reflect the aggregated state of mind of the world. They are cycles which feed on themselves to get better or worse. Greed rules in an economic boom, while fear rules in a recession.

Yet as individuals, we control our own destiny. We get to choose whether we are happy or sad. As the story you highlighted demonstrates, it is how we view the world that defines our level of happiness. And often, it is the contrarians that benefit most by daring to challenge conventional thinking. As Warren Buffet says: Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

So while most see this recession as frightening and depressing, some choose to see it as an opportunity and are excited by what it can offer. And if we learn to count our blessings, we are all rich because we are all parents to beautiful children who love and need us.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby spikey » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:08 am

Merry Christmas to all! Here's to a great year ahead for all our kids!

spikey
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jedamum » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:12 am

Merry Christmas to all Kiasuparents and Kiasukids!

Hohoho....

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby raysusan » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:26 am

Merry Christmas all members
here
what did u buy for your kids at what age for this Christmas?

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Merry X'mas!

Postby hmsg » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:56 am

Merry Christmas to all!!!

hmsg
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:57 am

raysusan wrote:Merry Christmas all members
here

Bought my son a vibrating watch for $27 so that he won't wake up his mommy when he needs to go to school in the morning. Problem is, it doesn't seem to wake him up either :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby jedamum » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:56 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
here

Bought my son a vibrating watch for $27 so that he won't wake up his mommy when he needs to go to school in the morning. Problem is, it doesn't seem to wake him up either :)

CKS,
is there such a thing as vibrating watch?! :shock:

raysusan,
Nothing. We don't have the practice of christmas gift giving at home.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:57 pm

jedamum wrote:CKS,
is there such a thing as vibrating watch?! :shock:

Have. Only S$27 from a shop in the Bencoolean. Fits kids and ladies with different striking colors. Comes with 1 year warranty some more.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ZacK » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:58 pm

here

Gave my son a budget of $30 and we went shopping together at Toys R US.

He chose a Hotwheels Daredevil Crash set @ $24.90
Then papa got 2 more Hotwheels Designer's cars @ $5.90 each
And a Disney Junior Scrabble set @ $24.90
Less the discount his christmas presents costs $57.30

He actually gave a puzzled look when we continued to choose for toys even though it was going above the $30 budget. I just told him the $30 was for him to choose what he wanted, the rest were papa's gift to him... I must say, the price of seeing his beaming smile that day... PRICELESS :D

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time