Any recommendations on family photo shoot at the studio?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Any recommendations on family photo shoot at the studio?

Postby vfong1 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:38 pm

hi, any recommendations on studios for family photo?

vfong1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Vevey » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:47 pm

We did ours twice at Berryhappy.
www.berryhappy.com

1st time was during my 2nd pregnancy & 2nd time was 1yr+ later w the entire clan of 11 adults & 12 kids. That was really challenging! :wink:

Vevey
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vfong1 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:05 pm

Vevey wrote:We did ours twice at Berryhappy.
www.berryhappy.com

1st time was during my 2nd pregnancy & 2nd time was 1yr+ later w the entire clan of 11 adults & 12 kids. That was really challenging! :wink:

Thanks, Vevey. How's their service and quality?

vfong1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby i3mum » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Try mjk photography. I did mine there earlier this year. http://www.themkjphotography.com/

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 24hr-mum » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:51 pm

i did mine 3x at Portrait Gallery.
the pple are nice, shots are gd. but printing rather slow.

another optn is JJ photography but i nvr try

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby DesertWind » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Yap, did my graduation photos and my brother did his together with my family at Portrait Gallery (River Valley).

Will recommend this for family photo taking because both times, the pictures and portraits came out pretty well and both times were pleasant experiences too.
:celebrate:

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Any recommendations on family photo shoot at the studio?

Postby Sniper Angel » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:37 pm

vfong1 wrote:hi, any recommendations on studios for family photo?

Oh I'm also looking for one.If can maybe can recommend JB Studio to take photpshoot.

Sniper Angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby schweppes » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:26 am

DesertWind wrote:Yap, did my graduation photos and my brother did his together with my family at Portrait Gallery (River Valley).

Will recommend this for family photo taking because both times, the pictures and portraits came out pretty well and both times were pleasant experiences too.
:celebrate:

Can share how much it costs? And what do their rates cover?

Hmm... good idea to immortalise ourselves on print before i get overly old and saggy... :roll: :wink:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby DesertWind » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:22 pm

schweppes wrote: Can share how much it costs? And what do their rates cover? Hmm... good idea to immortalise ourselves on print before i get overly old and saggy... :roll: :wink:

Hi schweppes!

Gee, it has been so long ago since we took our portraits but if I am not wrong, in the end we spent at least/around SGD400 for a few desktops and medium- size canvass portraits of our family!

I tried calling them up just now to check but it is Sunday and nobody picks up the phone. But at their website, they mentioned that a standard portrait costs from SGD200 onwards and they have various packages to choose from.

http://www.portraitgallery.com.sg/port.html

I remembered when we went, my brother did not have a jacket, just a shirt and they supplied a jacket to him saying that the overall family portrait will look better since my father had a jacket on. Don't think their packages covers make-up & hair-do though (but can just ask to confirm).

Usually the most basic package would cover 1 standard desk-top portrait, some 4R prints and some passport photos etc. They will take a few poses with various family arrangements for you to choose.

Usually in the end, the portraits will turn out so well that you would want to choose more, or make a much larger family portrait printed on good quality canvass etc....and that's where the extra spending will be!

But yes, do go have your family portrait done at the studio as the memory really last for a long time and I still have very warm feelings thinking about the 2 times my family went to the studio together! I intend to organize another one for my parents (including my brother's family, niece and nephew, my hubby & son) in the near future while my parents are still healthy and well.

As for my husband's family, I tried getting them to have a studio pix together when my sister-in-laws' whole family came to Singapore for holiday. But due to the fact that my sis-in-law & mum-in-law got some quarrels, feelings were not so good in the end my husband told me to just leave them alone, no need to try to go studio to take pictures! I thought it was such a pity because photo-taking at home is just not the same as taking at the studio. I thought it would be nice for my father-in-law to have a whole family portrait printed on nice canvass of a reasonable size to hang at home. Oh well......hope there will be another opportunity next time!

Yeh, why not go for it Schweppes!
:wink:

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:43 pm

DesertWind wrote:
schweppes wrote: Can share how much it costs? And what do their rates cover? Hmm... good idea to immortalise ourselves on print before i get overly old and saggy... :roll: :wink:

Hi schweppes!

Gee, it has been so long ago since we took our portraits but if I am not wrong, in the end we spent at least/around SGD400 for a few desktops and medium- size canvass portraits of our family!

I tried calling them up just now to check but it is Sunday and nobody picks up the phone. But at their website, they mentioned that a standard portrait costs from SGD200 onwards and they have various packages to choose from.

http://www.portraitgallery.com.sg/port.html

I remembered when we went, my brother did not have a jacket, just a shirt and they supplied a jacket to him saying that the overall family portrait will look better since my father had a jacket on. Don't think their packages covers make-up & hair-do though (but can just ask to confirm).

Usually the most basic package would cover 1 standard desk-top portrait, some 4R prints and some passport photos etc. They will take a few poses with various family arrangements for you to choose.

Usually in the end, the portraits will turn out so well that you would want to choose more, or make a much larger family portrait printed on good quality canvass etc....and that's where the extra spending will be!

But yes, do go have your family portrait done at the studio as the memory really last for a long time and I still have very warm feelings thinking about the 2 times my family went to the studio together! I intend to organize another one for my parents (including my brother's family, niece and nephew, my hubby & son) in the near future while my parents are still healthy and well.

As for my husband's family, I tried getting them to have a studio pix together when my sister-in-laws' whole family came to Singapore for holiday. But due to the fact that my sis-in-law & mum-in-law got some quarrels, feelings were not so good in the end my husband told me to just leave them alone, no need to try to go studio to take pictures! I thought it was such a pity because photo-taking at home is just not the same as taking at the studio. I thought it would be nice for my father-in-law to have a whole family portrait printed on nice canvass of a reasonable size to hang at home. Oh well......hope there will be another opportunity next time!

Yeh, why not go for it Schweppes!
:wink:

Wow!! DesertWind, :thankyou: :thankyou: for the very detailed sharing.

Have been thinking of doing a family portrait with my family and my parents too. I think my parents will appreciate something like that. Will explore with Portrait Gallery.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time