Funny encounters/incidents that put a smile on your face

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Funny encounters/incidents that put a smile on your face

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:03 pm

I am sure most of us would have, at one time or another, encountered a funny incident or two from strangers that would put a smile on our face. Let's share them here.

I was at the newly opened 24-hour NTUC @ NEX with my husband last night and we were at the Pet Food Section.

A staff member was putting back a packet of cat food that had been misplaced, but he didn't realise that he was not alone at that section.

As he looked high and low for the correct shelf to put back that packet of cat food, he was making "meow, meow, meow" sounds like as if making the "meow, meow, meow" sounds would lead him to the correct shelf! :lol:

Think he was probably tired after a day's work and was trying to make some light moments for himself. :wink:

Re: Funny encounters/incidents that put a smile on your face

Postby kiasu_pig » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:58 pm

25hourmaid wrote:I am sure most of us would have, at one time or another, encountered a funny incident or two from strangers that would put a smile on our face. Let's share them here.

I was at the newly opened 24-hour NTUC @ NEX with my husband last night and we were at the Pet Food Section.

A staff member was putting back a packet of cat food that had been misplaced, but he didn't realise that he was not alone at that section.

As he looked high and low for the correct shelf to put back that packet of cat food, he was making "meow, meow, meow" sounds like as if making the "meow, meow, meow" sounds would lead him to the correct shelf! :lol:

Think he was probably tired after a day's work and was trying to make some light moments for himself. :wink:

Keke.. scary, if I were you, I'll walked away softly; people are getting so physo nowadays, might just suddently turn around and bite the nearest person near him! Wow ... mental illness is on the raise ...
:stupid:

kiasu_pig
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Muffins » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:07 pm

God... One scary encounter for me....

At Fairprice Finest, I was shopping for my mum cause she was a bit under the weather. So, I had gotten my groceries and had gotten the trolley from where I had left it.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I turned arond, there was a lady, maybe in her early 70's, standing there. She kept gesturing to the trolley and saying "my trolley". I had looked in, and the groceries I had bought were all in there. But when I looked down, I saw a cloth trolley, so I had thought that she had left the cloth trolley and had left the supermarket, and I had gotten it without knowing. So, I tried giving the cloth trolley back, but she snatched it first. Then, she starting saying something that sounded like "Olay". I couldn't understand her, so I said "Pardon?"

Then, the fireworks started. She started swearing at me, goin "che _ ba_", and stuff...

So I just walked away... Then, at the cashier, I found a bag of oranges. So I thought she must have been saying oranges, not olay.... Then, I felt bad that she had to run around getting her groceries again...

The only plus side? I couldn't find spinach, so I bought organic spinach first, but her trolley had normal spinach, so I saved $2...

Muffins
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:49 pm

Muffins wrote:God... One scary encounter for me....

At Fairprice Finest, I was shopping for my mum cause she was a bit under the weather. So, I had gotten my groceries and had gotten the trolley from where I had left it.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I turned arond, there was a lady, maybe in her early 70's, standing there. She kept gesturing to the trolley and saying "my trolley". I had looked in, and the groceries I had bought were all in there. But when I looked down, I saw a cloth trolley, so I had thought that she had left the cloth trolley and had left the supermarket, and I had gotten it without knowing. So, I tried giving the cloth trolley back, but she snatched it first. Then, she starting saying something that sounded like "Olay". I couldn't understand her, so I said "Pardon?"

Then, the fireworks started. She started swearing at me, goin "che _ ba_", and stuff...

So I just walked away... Then, at the cashier, I found a bag of oranges. So I thought she must have been saying oranges, not olay.... Then, I felt bad that she had to run around getting her groceries again...

The only plus side? I couldn't find spinach, so I bought organic spinach first, but her trolley had normal spinach, so I saved $2...

Maybe she misunderstood 'Pardon' to mean something else and thought you were cursing her first. :lol: So she cursed you back. :lol:

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Muffins » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:51 pm

ya... but if she didn't cause a big scene, and handled it like a civilised human being, then maybe this wouldn't have been caused....

Muffins
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Funny encounters/incidents that put a smile on your face

Postby duriz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:58 am

25hourmaid wrote:I am sure most of us would have, at one time or another, encountered a funny incident or two from strangers that would put a smile on our face. Let's share them here.

Funny but weird :D

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby duriz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:58 am

Muffins wrote:God... One scary encounter for me....

Scary and weird.

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Muffins » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:35 pm

ya.... kinda coincidental how EVERYTHING was the same, except for the oranges and spinach.....

Muffins
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Last friday, I arranged to meet an agent at our old place at 5.30pm.

At 5.45pm, a lady appeared and she was wearing an agent tag. So I approached her and asked if she is "Ms ABC". She said yes and I started to self introduce asked if she wants to see the place before buyer arrives,etc.... But this Miss ABC just gave me a really puzzled look. I felt really strange because I've spoken to her before and she acted as though she don't know me. :roll:

After awhile we both realised that.... she is the agent for buyer. It's a co-broke case. So she happened to share the same name as the agent I spoke to. But it sure break the ice.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:40 pm

MMM wrote:Last friday, I arranged to meet an agent at our old place at 5.30pm.

At 5.45pm, a lady appeared and she was wearing an agent tag. So I approached her and asked if she is "Ms ABC". She said yes and I started to self introduce asked if she wants to see the place before buyer arrives,etc.... But this Miss ABC just gave me a really puzzled look. I felt really strange because I've spoken to her before and she acted as though she don't know me. :roll:

After awhile we both realised that.... she is the agent for buyer. It's a co-broke case. So she happened to share the same name as the agent I spoke to. But it sure break the ice.

:rotflmao: a case of mistaken identity! :lol:

Next

Return to Recess Time