Clothes for children

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Clothes for children

Postby LOLMum » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:21 am

Dd is going 13 soon and ds 7 soon. i always shop at taka, isetan, tangs, mothercare and robinson for their clothes.

i find it hard to buy anything nice. you see barbie, osk (cant remember the spelling), some which i dont know if it is local or japanese or korean or malaysia or indonesia brand and most are really not that attractive designs and the price is :!: . but i think mothercare is ok.

i dont mind spending $$$ on designer clothes for kids but the price here is definitely a rip off :siao: thus tthat is out of the window for me.

where do you shop for your children?

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Blobbi » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:01 am

Fox is pretty decently priced (up to +$20 range). They have a range for uber hip teens and young adults as well, but it's housed in a different store than the Fox Kids' store. If I recall correctly, they're in IMM and possibly Vivocity.

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:09 am

Blobbi wrote:Fox is pretty decently priced (up to +$20 range). They have a range for uber hip teens and young adults as well, but it's housed in a different store than the Fox Kids' store. If I recall correctly, they're in IMM and possibly Vivocity.

oh yeah, fox, one of my favourites. but sometimes no size for dd.

pumkin patch as well.

dd is getting very fussy about her clothes but her petite frame and kiddie face are making it difficult to shop.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby auntieM » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:46 am

Can try Shanghai Tang at Ngee Ann City.. ..I like their stuff.. :wink:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby tankee » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:41 pm

We usually shop t departmental stores when they are having sales. :oops:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby jedamum » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:04 pm

tankee wrote:We usually shop t departmental stores when they are having sales. :oops:

why :oops: .
i go for tom and stef, Giodarno etc.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby cherrygal » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:59 pm

I buy from any place with a sale :lol:

Fave places are BHG, Metro, Fox Baby & Kids, Giordano, Esprit, OP and some shopping carts.

In Hong Kong, I buy from Esprit' warehouse outlet and H&M.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Clothes for children

Postby DesertWind » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:17 pm

LOLMum wrote:Dd is going 13 soon and ds 7 soon. i always shop at taka, isetan, tangs, mothercare and robinson for their clothes.

Hi LoLMum,

I sorta know what you mean, money not really an issue but where to find a variety of clothes with good value for money? I shop frequently at Robinsons and Mothercare for baby products but for my boy now 3.5 yo, I was getting desperate because Robinson has very limited range of clothes (even less for boys!) and I need to buy large sizes meant for 6 yo hence had a hard time shopping too.

Until I found OG Departmental Store! Have you been to the one at Albert Complex? Rochor there? There is a huge floor selling Children's clothes with many many popular brands so you can check it out! Most importantly, there are a lot more for boys to choose from. I like brands like Poney (M'sia), and Zeubee and Richii.

I also like to shop at Kiddy Palace (Marina Square) with the brand Max Kool! But here I must say it is much easier to shop for girls clothes and may be for younger children.

There is a Poney shop for bigger children at HarbourFront which is where I am shopping mostly for my boy now.

Happy shopping!
:wink:

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Son is 10 and daughter is 6...a friend of mine stays in HKG...sometimes I shop on Yahoo HKG and she helps me to handle the transaction.

I go to Bossini and Esprit outlets from IMM as well Metro and Robinsons. I get Blossom for my gal too...sometimes there are Blossom clothes selling at 50-70% at the boutique or Tangs. Son is not particular about brands.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:46 am

tankee wrote:We usually shop t departmental stores when they are having sales. :oops:

No need :oops: :oops: lah... That's smart shopping :hi5:

:wink:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time