Any good driving instructor-For refreshing course

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Any good driving instructor-For refreshing course

Postby lizuan76 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:09 am

Hi anyone has good driving instructor to recommend at Sengkang area?

I need to refresh my driving skill. Mainly to fetch my children when my hubby is not free.

Any mummies or daddies pick up the driving again after having children, can share your experience?

lizuan76
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby cnimed » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:34 pm

I need one too, but in the west. Any good reccommendation, pls let me know. Tks.
cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby carebear » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:26 pm

Actually no need to spend money on instructor. Just get hubby to guide you through. Driving is a spineless action. Very easy to pick up one.

SSDC offers refresher course. They have various branches.
http://www.ssdcl.com.sg/motorcar_refresher.asp

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BigDevil » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:33 pm

Agree, since you already have the license.

Instead of having an instructor screaming at you, just get your DH to sit beside you and scream (in fear) as you drive. :wink:

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby cnimed » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Lost this thread for a while. Haha you're right, my dh screams in fear - internally cause he's petrified that I may scratch his precious car. He squirms so much that I get very put off using his car. I hate driving with him in the car. I have driven BMW and Mercedes before, it's just his car that really gives me a mental barrier. Step a little too hard on the accelerator and he's obviously cringing. If not for my kids, I rather take a bus than use his car. I hate it.
cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby titank » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:32 pm

deminc wrote:Lost this thread for a while. Haha you're right, my dh screams in fear - internally cause he's petrified that I may scratch his precious car. He squirms so much that I get very put off using his car. I hate driving with him in the car. I have driven BMW and Mercedes before, it's just his car that really gives me a mental barrier. Step a little too hard on the accelerator and he's obviously cringing. If not for my kids, I rather take a bus than use his car. I hate it.

Perhaps you can consider get another 2nd hand car where you can drive at ease. Imagine drive BMW, Mercedes where parking indeed requires some skills.

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mariadcruz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:51 pm

titank wrote:
deminc wrote:Lost this thread for a while. Haha you're right, my dh screams in fear - internally cause he's petrified that I may scratch his precious car. He squirms so much that I get very put off using his car. I hate driving with him in the car. I have driven BMW and Mercedes before, it's just his car that really gives me a mental barrier. Step a little too hard on the accelerator and he's obviously cringing. If not for my kids, I rather take a bus than use his car. I hate it.

Perhaps you can consider get another 2nd hand car where you can drive at ease. Imagine drive BMW, Mercedes where parking indeed requires some skills.

Lol. Well said. It's a hubby thing! They are always afraid of us scratching the cars... Always lamenting about women drivers!

mariadcruz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby 24hr-mum » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:15 am

i got my licence in 1997. nvr driven before. thinkg of refresher course too ......hubby will scold me if he sit beside me. rather scold by others.....

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cnimed » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:46 am

titank wrote:

those are my parents' cars, not his. Whenever i'm mad at him, I dream of leaving long scratches on his car. But the thought of money spent repainting it holds me back, muahahaha.
cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby 2DMommy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:31 am

I remember when I first gotten my license, I got so stressed whenever my husband sit beside me when I drive. He will scold me and commented how lousy was my driving skills. But now, he is the one who is stress cos he thinks I am driving too fast :wink: I get to drive the bigger car as he feels it's safer :love:

2DMommy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time