Fart Tub Company You Had Worked Before.

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Fart Tub Company You Had Worked Before.

Postby Sniper Angel » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:40 am

Had worked in a local company where require to do thumbprint in & out.If you are late for work say like 10 minutes, end of the month there would be some amount being deducted. :cry:

The best part is I do not entiltled overtime, why must I thumb print? In the end, I finally leave the company just about 6 months. It seem like I am being closely monitored at all time.
:cry:

Sniper Angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Fart Tub Company You Had Worked Before.

Postby kiasu_pig » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:37 am

Sniper Angel wrote:Had worked in a local company where require to do thumbprint in & out.If you are late for work say like 10 minutes, end of the month there would be some amount being deducted. :cry:

The best part is I do not entiltled overtime, why must I thumb print? In the end, I finally leave the company just about 6 months. It seem like I am being closely monitored at all time.

I worked for a local SME before who deal with semicon which put starting working hours as 8am. The reason the MD gave was to start the day early and go back early at 5pm. But the problem was virtually nobody can leave office at 5pm, so everyone work very late (really due to workloads, not some culture). So my ex-colleagues and myself had to leave home in the dark and left office in the dark as well - and couple that 6 days a week (yes, Saturdays to clear the week's backload)! ... crazy; and glad that finally got the courge to leave the company.

And, the central aircon shutdown at 5pm (!) on working hours due to some silly "eco-green environment" initiative; and since it was centralised control, it couldn't be by-passed and switched on manually. Thus, most of us then had to pay out of our own pocket to buy a electrical fan in our cublicles~!

Puke.

kiasu_pig
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Sniper Angel » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:33 pm

kiasu_pig wrote:
Sniper Angel wrote:Had worked in a local company where require to do thumbprint in & out.If you are late for work say like 10 minutes, end of the month there would be some amount being deducted. :cry:

I worked for a local SME before who deal with semicon which put starting working hours as 8am. The reason the MD gave was to start the day early and go back early at 5pm. But the problem was virtually nobody can leave office at 5pm, so everyone work very late (really due to workloads, not some culture). So my ex-colleagues and myself had to leave home in the dark and left office in the dark as well - and couple that 6 days a week (yes, Saturdays to clear the week's backload)! ... crazy; and glad that finally got the courge to leave the company.

And, the central aircon shutdown at 5pm (!) on working hours due to some silly "eco-green environment" initiative; and since it was centralised control, it couldn't be by-passed and switched on manually. Thus, most of us then had to pay out of our own pocket to buy a electrical fan in our cublicles~!

Puke.

Stay back late then have to leave in the dark? I know some company don't even have meal provided & taxi claim. Do OT for free where the company stand to gain all the time.

By the way, anyone can share working in Korean, Japanese, US, UK, & European (German, French , Swiss) type of company in terms of cultural?
There are some companies have too many Indians in which I begin to fell like working in India.

Sniper Angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cherrygal » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:09 am

Korean - My fren said each morning, the supervisor stands at the entrance and takes down the time everyone arrives. Cannot be late! They also look down on women.

Japanese - No chance for you to climb. Only Japs take the top jobs. Not much upgrading for locals. Also very particular about punctuality and don't understand that men need to help with the kids. Duh?

US - Open concept, frank. Hire and fire. You better perform. But if you do, you get rewarded very well. Good benefits and flexible working arrangements. They look more at results than how much time you spend at the office.

French - Hierarchical, top-down approach. Again, most of the senior management are French. Quite relaxing for the expats coz they are used to 35hr workweek in France (I see them at the canteen or smoking all the time). Very Pinkerton syndrome... the locals work hard to serve them.

Italian - Family-like, like the mafia :lol: . Many "related" people working in the same company. Father and sons, husband and wife etc. Relatives wanting to be interns etc. Looks at rank - the higher your rank, the bigger your leather chair, the taller your walls.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mrswongtuition » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:04 am

Sounds just like one of the schools I taught in previously.
Just that we tap our attendance with our EZ Link cards (quite dumb for teachers who DRIVE cos we often forget to bring our cards).
And we have to 'tap out' for 'safety reasons' cos in case there's a fire, they use the virtual attendance to check if everyone has gotten to a safe location.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby growie » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:57 am

cherrygal wrote:Korean - My fren said each morning, the supervisor stands at the entrance and takes down the time everyone arrives. Cannot be late! They also look down on women.

Japanese - No chance for you to climb. Only Japs take the top jobs. Not much upgrading for locals. Also very particular about punctuality and don't understand that men need to help with the kids. Duh?

US - Open concept, frank. Hire and fire. You better perform. But if you do, you get rewarded very well. Good benefits and flexible working arrangements. They look more at results than how much time you spend at the office.

French - Hierarchical, top-down approach. Again, most of the senior management are French. Quite relaxing for the expats coz they are used to 35hr workweek in France (I see them at the canteen or smoking all the time). Very Pinkerton syndrome... the locals work hard to serve them.

Italian - Family-like, like the mafia :lol: . Many "related" people working in the same company. Father and sons, husband and wife etc. Relatives wanting to be interns etc. Looks at rank - the higher your rank, the bigger your leather chair, the taller your walls.

:goodpost:

growie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lala81 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:30 am

a local F&B listed co, scan thumbprint for incoming and outgoing. lunch time cannot go out. Either bring ur own food or order from caterer.

ladies not allowed to wear pants even on fridays.

i left the co after a week

lala81
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby blueblue » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:12 pm

I ever worked in a local F&B company. They ever had this stupid policy. If one comes in 10mins late, a whole day wage will be deducted.

Stupid right? worked for 1 day free (minus the 10min lateness)

might as well call in to get 1 day sick leave or 1 day leave..

they did aborted the policy after 1 week.this stupid policy came from a stupid human resources lady. This lady kena sacked in the end. She paid double for OT for staff..ended thousands $ loss for company.

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby laughingcat » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:31 pm

cherrygal wrote:Korean - My fren said each morning, the supervisor stands at the entrance and takes down the time everyone arrives. Cannot be late! They also look down on women.

Totally agreed on the Italian working ethic in SGP. They are more like mafia. Once when I booked the meeting room resources through the online mode, this particular manager just take up my slot and I kindly reminded him that I have booked the meeting room. His reply was "so what, I am the boss".

As for Germany company, scare this and scare that. Their motto is just follow the rules and regulation and procedure. Cannot come up with new ideas.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:15 pm

growie wrote:

:goodpost:

British and Japanese companies are inflexible too.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time