What do they do during "Form Teacher Guidance Period?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

What do they do during "Form Teacher Guidance Period?

Postby tankee » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi

Does anyone know what are the activities during the weekly "Form Teacher Guidance Time"?

:?

tankee
Site Admin

Re: What do they do during "Form Teacher Guidance Perio

Postby janet88 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:08 pm

tankee wrote:Hi

Does anyone know what are the activities during the weekly "Form Teacher Guidance Time"?

:?

Yeah I wonder what that is too...asked daughter but she said she forgot.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Suspect it's the school's fancy way of naming things differently. It cd be "contact time", "admin time", CME (civics moral ed) and everything else in between. :roll: :wink:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby janet88 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:20 pm

schweppes wrote:Suspect it's the school's fancy way of naming things differently. It cd be "contact time", "admin time", CME (civics moral ed) and everything else in between. :roll: :wink:

I really really wonder what that is. Daughter told me she watched a puppet show today. Wore PE attire but no PE. On the whole, she couldn't tell me what happened for the past 3 days. Hopefully she won't be so blur next week.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vicki » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:56 am

Actually long long aqo when i was in school - i had something like Form Teacher Contact Time period!!

n yah its was admin stuff - and basically zo bor period so i LOVED this period cos its time to chat with your other friends!

So thinking aloud - i also think this is now a fancy name for Form Teacher Admin Period!

vicki
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby LOLMum » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:03 am

my understanding is this period is for the teacher to get to know the kids, one by one, better on a more personal basis. but how it is done is still a :? to me. i am all for it because the teacher might move up to p2 with the kids.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby barney » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:22 am

dd who got her time table yesterday also has a period for FTGT or FTGP, asked her what is it and she told me it is similar to CT (class time or contact time) they had last year. So basically what they did will be to get to know each other better, including the teacher. In her class last year, they'll have a topic each week for all the students to talk about, eg their favourite TV show, food....etc

barney
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby tankee » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:56 am

Just managed to find this from Cedar Primary's circular to parents

FORM TEACHER’S GUIDANCE PERIOD (FTGP)

4. In line with our school’s strategic focus “Knowing Every Child, Growing Every Child”, we will be piloting the Form Teacher Guidance Period (FTGP). The central idea behind FTGP is to provide time within the curriculum for the Form Teacher to engage in quality interactions with his/her pupils and help pupils strengthen social and emotional competencies. The FTGP constitutes a 30-minute period every week.

5. During FTGP, there will be play activities between the Form Teacher and pupils so as to build a safe classroom environment for pupils and to enhance teacher-pupil bonding. The Form Teacher will also conduct lessons to teach social and emotional competencies as follows:
(a) Self-Awareness – To better understand self
(b) Self-Management – To learn ways to manage self
(c) Social Awareness – To better understand family and friends
(d) Relationship Management – To learn ways to work with family and friends
(e) Responsible Decision Making – To make appropriate and responsible decisions

6. Your child/ward will be given a personal journal “My FTGP Journal” to record his/her FTGP journey and interactions with his/her Form Teacher and classmates. He/She will also be guided to record his/her Social and Emotional Learning in the journal. The journal is designed for use over two years in P1 and P2.

7. Your involvement in your child’s/ward’s FTGP journey is important. We strongly encourage you to journey together with the Form Teacher in guiding your child/ward in his/her development of social and emotional competencies. You are invited to pen your thoughts and feelings into your child’s/ward’s journal, where appropriate and required. In addition, there will be some follow-up activities from the lessons that require you and your child/ward to work together at home to complete a task.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby BlurBee » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:32 am

tankee wrote:6. Your child/ward will be given a personal journal “My FTGP Journal” to record his/her FTGP journey and interactions with his/her Form Teacher and classmates. He/She will also be guided to record his/her Social and Emotional Learning in the journal. The journal is designed for use over two years in P1 and P2.

Thanks for the info, tankee.
No wonder my DD is asked to write a journal of herself.

I dun even know how to write. :oops:

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby titank » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Thanks for the information by Tankee. I also wonder what does FTGP stands for. The extract is it from MOE or your school website?

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time