Maternity Leave

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Maternity Leave

Postby mummy2008 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 am

Dear All,

Anyone know about Maternity Leave?

I am a Singapore PR, my hubby is Singapore citizen, and my child is Singapore citizen.

Am pregnant 2nd child, and edd in July 2011. Am a full time working mother and has been for about 3 yrs in this company.

But i am confused about the maternity leave. My HR said i will only get 8 weeks maternity leave, but my colleague said i am entitled for 16 weeks.

According to MOM website, actually i am entitled for 16 weeks maternity leaves. But there's another statement that Singapore PR only have 8 weeks.

So...anyone have experienced like me? Please help.....

Thanks in advance

mummy2008
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby LKVM » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:22 am

As long as child is Singapore Citizen and you have worked for company for more than 90 days you should be entitled for 16 weeks of leave that you can spread over 1 yr after giving birth

Here is the site
http://mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/ ... leave.aspx

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Maternity Leave

Postby pupilview » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:35 am

You are entitled to 16 weeks provided your child is a Singapore citizen.
My husband is Singaporean, I am a permanent resident. My kid born in 2009 is a Singapore citizen. I got 16 weeks maternity leave.My company allowed me to take 12 weeks at a stretch and the remaining 4 weeks spread across a year.

mummy2008 wrote:Dear All,

I am a Singapore PR, my hubby is Singapore citizen, and my child is Singapore citizen.

Am pregnant 2nd child, and edd in July 2011. Am a full time working mother and has been for about 3 yrs in this company.

But i am confused about the maternity leave. My HR said i will only get 8 weeks maternity leave, but my colleague said i am entitled for 16 weeks.

According to MOM website, actually i am entitled for 16 weeks maternity leaves. But there's another statement that Singapore PR only have 8 weeks.

Thanks in advance

pupilview
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mummy2008 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:49 am

pupilview wrote:You are entitled to 16 weeks provided your child is a Singapore citizen.
My husband is Singaporean, I am a permanent resident. My kid born in 2009 is a Singapore citizen. I got 16 weeks maternity leave.My company allowed me to take 12 weeks at a stretch and the remaining 4 weeks spread across a year.

Thanks in advance

Ooo...Thanks LKVM & Pupilview....this info helps me alot

Pupilview, did your company pay you for 2 months? And another 2 months were from goverment?

And...can i take 1 month before delivery and 3 months after delivery?

Please advise, thanks :)

mummy2008
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby pupilview » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:59 am

mummy2008 wrote:
pupilview wrote:You are entitled to 16 weeks provided your child is a Singapore citizen.

Thanks in advance

Ooo...Thanks LKVM & Pupilview....this info helps me alot

Pupilview, did your company pay you for 2 months? And another 2 months were from goverment?

And...can i take 1 month before delivery and 3 months after delivery?

Please advise, thanks :)

It is my third child born in 2009, so the government pays for 16 weeks.In your case, it is the second child - so 8 weeks.My maternity leave started the day I gave birth(it was a C-section).The employer pays the salary and it is reimbursed by the government later. The HR will ask you to fill in the forms with bith-cert of the child.

pupilview
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby LKVM » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:12 am

See this

Entitlement under Children Development Co-Savings Act
An eligible employee is entitled to absent herself from work four weeks immediately before and twelve weeks immediately after delivery, totalling 16 weeks.

Where there is a mutual agreement with her employer, an employee can take the last eight weeks (9th to 16th week) of maternity leave flexibly over a 12-month period from the child's birth. The number of days of maternity leave that can be taken flexibly is equivalent to eight weeks' worth of working days, up to a maximum of 48 days.

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Anna Ng » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:18 am

mummy2008:
You are entitled to go for 16 weeks and the company must pay your salary on time. However, because this is your second child, the government will only reimburse 8 weeks salary to your company.

For my case, i entitled for 16 weeks leave and because this is my 3rd child, so the government reimburse 16 weeks salary to my company.

No matter how, as long as your child is Singaporean, you will entitled for 16 weeks maternity leave.

I am doing accounts and payroll in my company, my above statement sure correct one.

Enjoy your leave

Anna Ng
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mummy2008 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:52 am

Thanks all for your replies....indeed it helps me a lot :) :love:

mummy2008
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mummy2008 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:54 am

Anna Ng wrote:mummy2008:
You are entitled to go for 16 weeks and the company must pay your salary on time. However, because this is your second child, the government will only reimburse 8 weeks salary to your company.

For my case, i entitled for 16 weeks leave and because this is my 3rd child, so the government reimburse 16 weeks salary to my company.

No matter how, as long as your child is Singaporean, you will entitled for 16 weeks maternity leave.

I am doing accounts and payroll in my company, my above statement sure correct one.

Enjoy your leave

Hi Anna,

Thanks...my leave will be in July :D

As for me, this is my 2nd child, so that i am entitled for 16 weeks maternity leave. And goverment pays for 8 weeks, and company pays for another 8 weeks... (just want to confirm :))

tia

mummy2008
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mummy2008 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:55 am

LKVM wrote:See this

Entitlement under Children Development Co-Savings Act
An eligible employee is entitled to absent herself from work four weeks immediately before and twelve weeks immediately after delivery, totalling 16 weeks.

Where there is a mutual agreement with her employer, an employee can take the last eight weeks (9th to 16th week) of maternity leave flexibly over a 12-month period from the child's birth. The number of days of maternity leave that can be taken flexibly is equivalent to eight weeks' worth of working days, up to a maximum of 48 days.

Hi LKVM, thanks....i got it! :D

mummy2008
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time