Are your cutlery clean?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Are your cutlery clean?

Postby smurf » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:22 pm

I went to a food court just now in town, ordered noodle soup and was going to take the cutlery, chopsticks and spoon. Was :shock: to see no clean soup spoon. I took 3 out and saw that each spoon has some leftover food particles! In the end I asked for plastic disposable spoon. Why there is no clean spoon around??
Are the cleaners doing their job in washing the bowl and cutlery?? I wonder if they wash the bowl or not. :|

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cotton candy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:00 am

:|
I guess it happens at many other eating places as well.. I usually use tissue paper to wipe it dry only..

cotton candy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby carebear » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:06 am

Hi smurf, it is not uncommon.
So I do what cotton candy has suggested.
That's why I prefer to eat home cooked food and takeaways.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Clean Cutlery

Postby Mianbao » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:06 pm

Not only are the cutlery not clean,on certain occasions when I ate at coffeeshops,I even found out the drinking straws are being reused..The other end have either been chewed or worse,burnt...yikes :shock:
So,usually,I will wipe those cutlery with a wet tissues,those without fragrance and just check the straws before drinking..
Well,guess can't have it all..The more popular the stall is,I suppose that mean less time for washing those dirty plates??

Mianbao
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby smurf » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:20 pm

Actually, I think some places dun even wash the bowls and plates. They just rinse. On some occasions, you can see some lipsticks on the rim.

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Clean Cutlery

Postby jtoh » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:40 pm

Mianbao wrote:Not only are the cutlery not clean,on certain occasions when I ate at coffeeshops,I even found out the drinking straws are being reused..The other end have either been chewed or worse,burnt...yikes :shock:
So,usually,I will wipe those cutlery with a wet tissues,those without fragrance and just check the straws before drinking..
Well,guess can't have it all..The more popular the stall is,I suppose that mean less time for washing those dirty plates??

omg!!

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby maki » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Yes, this cutlery thingy has been bothering me too! Even after wiping with a dry tissue, it only appear superficially cleaned. Will try to look for a tap but not all hawker centres have.

In fact, I'm very impressed with the food courts in Seoul and Bangkok. In Seoul, their cutleries are ALWAYS properly washed, dried and neatly stacked! You can also easily find hot & cold water dispenser & tissue paper!!

In Bangkok, you can even find warm water tap at their foodcourts.

Hope NEA is reading this now.....

:pray:

maki
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby smurf » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:10 am

The food operator may think that they are so busy, where got time to clean this clean that, but really, they should train their people to do the right thing!
Not enough helper, then employ more!!

No wonder, Some celebrities bring their own cutlery out. :roll:

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:03 am

even my parttime domestic helper said that when she was operating an eatery in guangzhou, it was a common practice to complete the washing by flushing the cutleries with boiling water!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time