Why charge extra for juice without ice?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Why charge extra for juice without ice?

Postby smurf » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:26 pm

I understand the need to charge extra for no ice but top with more fruit juice, but why charge extra also for no ice and NO extra juice?

I asked for less ice, the operator wanted to charge me extra for less ice! I said I only want less ice and that I dun need them to top up the cup with extra juice, but they are so sickening! Refuse to do that and said that even if No extra juice, but when order is less ice, they will have charge extra!

It's ridiculous! :x

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 3Boys » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think the stall attendant is just following instructions and may not be at liberty to contradict simplistic instructions from the boss.

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby carebear » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi smurf, can understand how you feel.! Ask for less things but have to pay for more.
Next time you remove the ice in front of them.
I also don't like the shops that charge for water.
If they serve bottled water then no choice but have to pay.
But if they serve water in a cup, it should be complimentary especially the meal is an expensive one.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smurf » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:19 pm

Especially when they use tap water! :P

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smurf » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Anyway, usually I dun ask for this ask for that, but because ds2 has runny nose, so i asked for less ice.

and those stalls usually give ice filled to the brim, not 3/4 but full cup of ice! To minimize juice and maximize profit.

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby blitz » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:25 pm

smurf wrote:Especially when they use tap water! :P

Han's never used to charge for their water, until sometime back, I had lunch at the Thomson branch, and the lady told me they charge for water. I was ok with it, and the lady took a cup, filled it from the tap, and gave it to me. I was shocked, coz I thought she'd pour it from a flask or container. But no, right in front of me, she topped up the cup with tap water.

I then asked for a receipt. Just for the water. The lady was incredulous - "Hah?? 30cents you also want a receipt?" I retorted,"Yes, of course. You filled up my cup with tap water, and charged me for it, so yes, I want a receipt!"

blitz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby tankee » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:32 pm

:idea: Admin Fee for handling the Special Order :oops:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby smurf » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi Blitz,

I hope they read your post! :wink:

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby carebear » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:14 am

Hi blitz, I ate at Aston recently and asked for ice water and they did not say anything about extra charges. They brought an extra slip of bill which stated that the water cost 30 cents. So I told them to cancel the water.
I think it is a gesture of goodwill to serve customers water in such places.
I'd rather they tell me that they don't serve water and give me the choice of having bottled water instead.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:24 am

[quote="blitz I then asked for a receipt. Just for the water. The lady was incredulous - "Hah?? 30cents you also want a receipt?" I retorted,"Yes, of course. You filled up my cup with tap water, and charged me for it, so yes, I want a receipt!"[/quote]

:ugogirl:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time