Nice Evening Dress

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Nice Evening Dress

Postby ppnqq » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:11 am

Am looking for a nice evening dress (not gown) for tween. Need to know where can we find it and what is the price range like. TIA.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:52 am

How tall is your tween and may I ask for what occasion is the dress for?

I shop alot for my kid so maybe I can pull something out from my database(brain) on the places I have been.

Postby jtoh » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:32 am

I'd be interested to know too.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ppnqq » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:11 pm

For P6 Graduation. She is very tall (many mistook her as at least a Sec 2 student) but also very skinny compared to her peers. Most of her friends already knew what to wear and they fit them nicely and beautifully because they have the "assets" where as she has not developed yet, so now having the headache on what to wear and how to wear it as beautifully as her peers. Lols. So need to start to source for it as and when we got the time to. TIA.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ppnqq » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:01 am

Mummies, where do you usually buy most of your tweens' nice dresses or clothings from? Appreciate all feedback. TIA.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:07 am

ppnqq wrote:For P6 Graduation. She is very tall (many mistook her as at least a Sec 2 student) but also very skinny compared to her peers. Most of her friends already knew what to wear and they fit them nicely and beautifully because they have the "assets" where as she has not developed yet, so now having the headache on what to wear and how to wear it as beautifully as her peers. Lols. So need to start to source for it as and when we got the time to. TIA.

Hmm..looks like she can go for adults' wear already.
I have a simple dress in mind, not sure if it is her style.
I PM you the shop, you go and check it out. A bit pricey though cos they cater for adults.

Postby ppnqq » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:09 am

Thank you.

Yes, length wise, adult's no problem but not the rest of the body. Some could be too loose or big for her around either the collar, armpit or waist area. :frustrated:

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:23 am

Here are some suggestions that are less pricey and most of this waist not an issue:

White lace dress:

Black trendy dress:

Blue sequins dress:

Brown party dress:

Dress with pearls in the middle:

Leather Dress:

Satin & Chiffon Dress:
If this one feels too low-cut, wear a long sleeve sheer black top inside and wear this over...it looks elegant for evening wear.

Nylon Dress:
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Nice Evening Dress

Postby verjime » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:17 pm

I think this dress is ok,it is from Dress First :imcool:

verjime
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re:

Postby CarrotTree » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 pm

Guest wrote:
ppnqq wrote:For P6 Graduation. She is very tall (many mistook her as at least a Sec 2 student) but also very skinny compared to her peers. Most of her friends already knew what to wear and they fit them nicely and beautifully because they have the "assets" where as she has not developed yet, so now having the headache on what to wear and how to wear it as beautifully as her peers. Lols. So need to start to source for it as and when we got the time to. TIA.

Hmm..looks like she can go for adults' wear already.
I have a simple dress in mind, not sure if it is her style.
I PM you the shop, you go and check it out. A bit pricey though cos they cater for adults.

Hi, can PM me too. thks.
My sec 4 girl looking for a dress too for Graduation .

CarrotTree
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time