Where to buy child bed

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Where to buy child bed

Postby maomaotou » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a double-layer children bed for my daughters, could anyone help to suggest where I can go and search for?

TIA.

maomaotou
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby 30plus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm

I bought mine at silver river. I feel it is reasonably priced with reasonable quality.

30plus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Red_Snow » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi maomaotou, u can find at Ikea, they dun hv many but I saw a very cute one which u can put the cover (tent-like) for the top so will block the light. Plan to get this when my kids a bit older. Whenever I take them to Ikea they like to climb and play around :) You can check at Courts also, they hv more varieties.

Red_Snow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby BigDevil » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:05 am

Bunk bed Image

or

Pull out? Image

I believe most furniture shops will carry them.

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby JustinLee » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:37 am

Red_Snow wrote:Hi maomaotou, u can find at Ikea, they dun hv many but I saw a very cute one which u can put the cover (tent-like) for the top so will block the light. Plan to get this when my kids a bit older. Whenever I take them to Ikea they like to climb and play around :) You can check at Courts also, they hv more varieties.

IKEA stuffs are horrible to fix, especially something as bulky as a double bed! Try an old-school furniture shop at Hougang or other neighbourhood estates.

JustinLee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Red_Snow » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:24 am

JustinLee wrote:
Red_Snow wrote:Hi maomaotou, u can find at Ikea, they dun hv many but I saw a very cute one which u can put the cover (tent-like) for the top so will block the light. Plan to get this when my kids a bit older. Whenever I take them to Ikea they like to climb and play around :) You can check at Courts also, they hv more varieties.

IKEA stuffs are horrible to fix, especially something as bulky as a double bed! Try an old-school furniture shop at Hougang or other neighbourhood estates.
Oh! :shock: is it true? :!: lucky u mention. So far never bought anything that need to be fixed from Ikea but plan to get the bed in 2 more yrs.

Red_Snow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby JustinLee » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:04 pm

IKEA stuffs are horrible to fix, especially something as bulky as a double bed! Try an old-school furniture shop at Hougang or other neighbourhood estates.Oh! :shock: is it true? :!: lucky u mention. So far never bought anything that need to be fixed from Ikea but plan to get the bed in 2 more yrs.

I had to buy my own electric drill ($50) to fix up a $59 IKEA table! Had to carry it home myself as well. Lucky it was only a table though.

I'm not sure about Courts, Red_Snow, their furniture seem expensive. Have you bought anything there before?

JustinLee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Gecko » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:42 pm

JustinLee wrote:
IKEA stuffs are horrible to fix, especially something as bulky as a double bed! Try an old-school furniture shop at Hougang or other neighbourhood estates.Oh! :shock: is it true? :!: lucky u mention. So far never bought anything that need to be fixed from Ikea but plan to get the bed in 2 more yrs.

I had to buy my own electric drill ($50) to fix up a $59 IKEA table! Had to carry it home myself as well. Lucky it was only a table though.

I'm not sure about Courts, Red_Snow, their furniture seem expensive. Have you bought anything there before?

For a bed I would simply get them to fix it upfor me and pay the extra ...

Gecko

Gecko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Red_Snow » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:22 pm

Yes, justinlee, I bought my king size bed from courts. They delivered n fixed for me. And hv bought quite a number of electronic stuff from Courts, too. So far hv no problem with their service.

Red_Snow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Where to buy child bed

Postby catang » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:29 pm

maomaotou wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to buy a double-layer children bed for my daughters, could anyone help to suggest where I can go and search for?

TIA.

i bought this in 2009 and used only for a mth cos my gals dun like to sleep with the maid, and hence it goes into the store room till now. if u dun mind 2nd hand, i can sell it to u at $299. I bought it at $499

catang
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time