2nd Hand Book Shop!

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

2nd Hand Book Shop!

Postby Sniper Angel » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:53 am

Any idea where can find 2nd hand bookshop that sell 2nd hand storey book (English & Chinese)? Not into textbook series.

In the old days do understand places like Lucky Plaza & the old shop houses at Bras Basah they have it but was tear down!

If you have information or the website address do share it here!

Sniper Angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: 2nd Hand Book Shop!

Postby Sun_2010 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Sniper Angel wrote:Any idea where can find 2nd hand bookshop that sell 2nd hand storey book (English & Chinese)? Not into textbook series.

In the old days do understand places like Lucky Plaza & the old shop houses at Bras Basah they have it but was tear down!

There are some in the bras basah complex even now. Drop by and take a look...

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Bookpoint at Bras Basah

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:36 pm

When I was in Primary School eons ago, there used to be one such shop at a corner in Serangoon Gardens. Forgot the name of the shop, and boy, now that you are talking about it, I sure miss that liitle shop, :cry: cramp but had good varieties of second hand story books! :love:

Postby autumnbronze » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:38 pm

25hourmaid wrote:When I was in Primary School eons ago, there used to be one such shop at a corner in Serangoon Gardens. Forgot the name of the shop, and boy, now that you are talking about it, I sure miss that liitle shop, :cry: cramp but had good varieties of second hand story books! :love:

Aiyoh ... that one gone long long time ago. I know which one you mean. Taken over by an eatery now. If I am not mistaken, it is also a cafe that is canine friendly :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:40 pm

autumnbronze wrote:Aiyoh ... that one gone long long time ago. I know which one you mean. Taken over by an eatery now. If I am not mistaken, it is also a cafe that is canine friendly :D

Yes, you are right, taken over by a canine friendly cafe. Was invited there for a dogs' party once. :wink:

Oops, we are :offtopic:, :bewaremod: :lol:

Postby kiddo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:59 pm

Sniper Angel wrote:Any idea where can find 2nd hand bookshop that sell 2nd hand storey book (English & Chinese)? Not into textbook series.

Sound like you just back from a long stay oversea :lol:

Bras basah complex next to the National Library best for second hands books,
DS got most of his book from there :wink:

kiddo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Fairy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:49 pm

kiddo wrote:

Sound like you just back from a long stay oversea :lol:

Bras basah complex next to the National Library best for second hands books,
DS got most of his book from there :wink:

If you are refering to Adult's novels & etc, Saint Bookstores offering such books are still around at shopping centres around S'pore. At least 1 is at Lot1 and the other is at Plaza Singapura.

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby kuzco » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:13 pm

25hourmaid wrote:When I was in Primary School eons ago, there used to be one such shop at a corner in Serangoon Gardens. Forgot the name of the shop, and boy, now that you are talking about it, I sure miss that liitle shop, :cry: cramp but had good varieties of second hand story books! :love:

Wow....that was ages ago. I know that second-hand bookshop too. Used to pop in to borrow Enid Blyton books like the Famous Five, Secret Seven, Bobsey Twins, Mallory Towers. Then graduated to Mills & Boons books :love: Rental was like 10 cents, and get five cents back on return. Haha...how cheap things were then.

There another secondhand bookshop that I sometimes go to nowadays, called San Bookshop. Can be found at some shopping centres like Tampines Mall, Plaza Singapura, etc.

kuzco
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:56 pm

kuzco wrote:Wow....that was ages ago. I know that second-hand bookshop too. Used to pop in to borrow Enid Blyton books like the Famous Five, Secret Seven, Bobsey Twins, Mallory Towers. Then graduated to Mills & Boons books :love: Rental was like 10 cents, and get five cents back on return. Haha...how cheap things were then.

Haha, indeed very surprised to find two other forummers here who used to patronise that tiny shop, :celebrate: yes, Enid Blyton, Famous Five .... miss those good old days, so cheap and so good! :love:

Next

Return to Recess Time