Budget 2009

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

SAHMs to get more!! HAHAA! :roll:

Postby buds » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:16 am

Budget should've included that all SAHM's get more!!!
SAHMs sacrificed the most! :cry:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:57 am

Hubby was disappointed with the individual tax rate staying intact. He was definitely hoping for a cut due to the hefty month taxes he is paying on a mthly basis. Also, he mentioned that he felt worse off than me financially since as a working mum with 3 kids, I am entitled to alot more tax rebates so the net taxes I am paying is significantly lower than him. We've been rooting for "Working fathers deserve better tax rebates" if the govt wants more babies. This has always been a "neglected" group.

Yet to scrutinise in details but saw couple of headlines that we've direct benefit :
1) 40% property tax rebate for owner occupied properties
2) $2k income tax rebate
3) Higher deduction for each dollar of donation

We are wondering what the gst rebate for individual works out to be.

The indirect would probably be the salary subsidy to employers. Hopefully that helps reduce business cost and keep people employed.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:07 am

MMM wrote:...We've been rooting for "Working fathers deserve better tax rebates" if the govt wants more babies. This has always been a "neglected" group...

No no... this is the main cash cow... definitely not a "neglected" group. You don't want to kill off your very source of income, do you?

I was rooting for a cut in CPF employee contribution and GST. Put more disposable income with the people => greater spending power => drive demand. I guess the garmen is saving these tools as weapons of last resort.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby kelamel » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:55 pm

MMM wrote:Hubby was disappointed with the individual tax rate staying intact. He was definitely hoping for a cut due to the hefty month taxes he is paying on a mthly basis. Also, he mentioned that he felt worse off than me financially since as a working mum with 3 kids, I am entitled to alot more tax rebates so the net taxes I am paying is significantly lower than him. We've been rooting for "Working fathers deserve better tax rebates" if the govt wants more babies. This has always been a "neglected" group.

Yet to scrutinise in details but saw couple of headlines that we've direct benefit :
1) 40% property tax rebate for owner occupied properties
2) $2k income tax rebate
3) Higher deduction for each dollar of donation

We are wondering what the gst rebate for individual works out to be.

The indirect would probably be the salary subsidy to employers. Hopefully that helps reduce business cost and keep people employed.

Hi there, if thats so u may wish to check with IRAS if its better to submit a combined tax income assessment...

kelamel
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MMM » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:58 am

Hi,

Thanks 4 ur reply. As I am working think a separate assessment is better for us. Just that working mum has so much more child rebate. So that reduce my tax payable.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Recess Time