PM Lee urges more babies in Year of Rabbit

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

PM Lee urges more babies in Year of Rabbit

Postby LKVM » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:16 pm

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:53 pm

Govt also looking at improving the Baby Bonus scheme to encourage couples to have 2nd child...and more. S'pore culture is diff from Europe where daddies can play a bigger role bringing up kids...doubt many men will dare to take leave for fear of losing their jobs/promotions.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sniper Angel » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Have more babies very siong yeah. These are the $$ going to cost when have babies since from stage 1.

(1) Milk Powder
(2) Diapers
(3) Vacination, See Doctor so expensive.
(4) Baby Care, Childe care all these again $$.
(5) Enrichement cost $$ before P1.
(6) P1 to JC/Uni again going to cost $$.

For those working parents, we need to go home pick the kids from childcare centre or nanny place. Employers/Bosses always not happy. They would said the foreigners they can stay OT anytime, they are more hardworking than locals.

Guess hope to strike Toto or 4D go buy an island to retire.
:celebrate:

Sniper Angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby greenbean2011 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:06 pm

if this year of Rabbit got more babies produced, next year - year of Dragon even more !

for those born in dragon year, entry into Pri 1 is so competitive !
greenbean2011
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby titank » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Dragon Year for P1 Registration, PSLE, O Level, A Level sure have to compete very very hard all the time in education exam!

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phankao » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Sniper Angel wrote:Have more babies very siong yeah. These are the $$ going to cost when have babies since from stage 1.

(1) Milk Powder
(2) Diapers
(5) Enrichement cost $$ before P1.

For those working parents, we need to go home pick the kids from childcare centre or nanny place. Employers/Bosses always not happy. They would said the foreigners they can stay OT anytime, they are more hardworking than locals.

Guess hope to strike Toto or 4D go buy an island to retire.

I don't find any of those expensive, except maybe the university schooling. Schooling in singapore - once in pri/sec/jc, is very cheap. Diapers - can use cloth (altho' I only resort to using the cheapest Fairprice housebrands to save washing/time). Milk is generally "free" except for my time.

What I find most irritating is the taking care of the baby/toddler/preschooler/pre-teen). Totally exhausting and stressful. No amount of money can relieve me of that!!!!!!!!

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby laughingcat » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:51 pm

I hope there are more support in terms of maid levy.

For me....my parents are not interested in helping unless I pay more $ to them. So I really hope this time round, government can consider looking into improve policies in terms of maid levy to people who needs to take care of children and elderly.

Hopefully the government out there can stop thinking that parents will help the young couples in looking after kids. Nowadays, our parents are not like our grandparents who sincerely wanting to look after grandchildren.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby auntieM » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:14 pm

titank wrote:Dragon Year for P1 Registration, PSLE, O Level, A Level sure have to compete very very hard all the time in education exam!

Quite a few couples I know are waiting for dragon year..
My guess is there will be more rabbits than tigers...cause tiger is not so 'popular' with some .. :wink:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby janet88 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:57 pm

Sniper Angel wrote:[color=blue]
(1) Milk Powder
(2) Diapers
(5) Enrichment cost $$ before P1.

I would say there are more brands of diapers now...so prices are more affordable. As for enrichment before P1, that is optional. Vaccination can also be done at polyclinic. School fees very cheap from primary school onwards...$11.

It's the time and effort spent looking after the child that is tough...very stressful. When kids fall sick, we worry about them the whole night...exam stress, tantrums, friends they mix with and now with teen violence. The stress of bringing up kids is not just the money alone.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:02 pm

laughingcat wrote:I hope there are more support in terms of maid levy.

For me....my parents are not interested in helping unless I pay more $ to them.
Hopefully the government out there can stop thinking that parents will help the young couples in looking after kids. Nowadays, our parents are not like our grandparents who sincerely wanting to look after grandchildren.

Our parents have done a great deal looking after us...so to ask them to look after their grandchildren now is asking too much from them. They have done their part. My mum prefers doing the marketing and cooking as compared to looking after kids. Have a maid is not a solution, but at least someone can do the manual work while grandparents keep an eye on the little hyperactive ones.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time