wow, exercise - a great way to start the day

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

wow, exercise - a great way to start the day

Postby LOLMum » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:11 pm

have not been doing any exercise for a long long time. getting fat especially the tummy area, saggy thighs etc. if i rest on my stomach for more than 10 minutes, i would have a problem getting up. my back hurts.

so decided to do something about it and took a slow nice walk up bukit timah hill. didnt manage to go all the way up but am very happy with the distance covered. met some friendly strangers and of course one or two monkeys near to car park. but the air is great up the hill.

felt great for the rest of the day. now just hoping to do it on a regular basis. have just signed up for qizong at nearby cc as well.

:wink:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:27 pm

agreed with you.

There was one morning that I reached my user's office with some 30 minutes to kill due to unexpectedly smooth morning traffic. I decided to divert to a nearby nature reserve park and took a scroll through it. Fresh air, cool breeze .... absolutely priceless.

:celebrate:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby BlurBee » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:31 am

Cannot wake up so early in the morning. :P

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LOLMum » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:36 am

:lol: :lol:

no choice, kids in am session.

wanted to do taiji in the am but cc only has nite classes. so qizong here i come. :wink:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby new_mummy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:58 am

i also wanna exercise but feel so tired in the morning. ended up doing only 15 mins in the evening. :P

new_mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tisha » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:15 pm

LOLMum wrote::lol: :lol:

wanted to do taiji in the am but cc only has nite classes. so qizong here i come. :wink:

Does taiji help to lose weight? If so I should start doing it again. Had learnt it a few years back, hope I can still remember.
Now you get me thinking, maybe I should join a class again...

tisha
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby LOLMum » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:26 pm

tisha wrote:
LOLMum wrote::lol: :lol:

Does taiji help to lose weight? If so I should start doing it again. Had learnt it a few years back, hope I can still remember.
Now you get me thinking, maybe I should join a class again...

:lol: you have to watch your diet as well.

i just want to do some exercise and not let go of my body shapre and health. i have done yoga, pilates etc when i was younge. now want to try something different. always been keen in taiji but dont seem to find any group near my place.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby UncleLim » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Any kind of exercise that works up a sweat will help.

You will feel good but do not expect to lose weight significantly without cutting out most of these food:

- Fried food: Roti prata, cha kway teow, ngor hiong, KFC
- Sugar drinks : Coke, sprite, coffee & tea (with sugar), sweetened fruit juices
- Cakes, muffins, cream puffs, brownies
- Ice cream

Good luck to weight watching !! :D

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

qi cong group /tiji

Postby LOLMum » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:26 pm

went for my 1st lesson (qi cong), fun but the ma bu really gave me a bit of a cramp on my thighs.

acutally am also looking for a ti ji/qi cong group who practice daily near my area (newton side). any recommendations?

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: wow, exercise - a great way to start the day

Postby sleepy » Wed May 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Oh, this is an old thread but just want to chip in to say 'hooray' to exercising :rahrah: It's my lastest fave!

Gentle weight lifting and simple aerobic moves for 45 minutes to an hour. Follow by abdominal crunch at least 150 times and stretching exercises at least thrice a week.

I didn't lose a single pound though. Too much stubborn fat :nailbite: I feel happy anyway

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time