Action to be taken ?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:20

Post by Chenonceau » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:39 pm

tankee wrote:but what if the company decided to sue her for "stealing cpmpany confidential information"?

That is what I am afraid of. Once you sue, they will countersue, and then the one who gets hurt will be the one with less deep pockets. Who has the deeper pockets, the company or gumiho?

If the target is the supervisor, there are other less dangerous (still legal) ways of getting back at him if you're creative enough and patient enough. Sometimes, doing nothing and doing well in another job is the best revenge.

gumiho
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by gumiho » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:42 pm

tankee wrote:but what if the company decided to sue her for "stealing cpmpany confidential information"?

I didn't. Those are all his accusation.
Since my superior is such a mean person, I believe he will definitely take me to court if he has the evidence. He merely want to tarnish my reputation.

gumiho
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by gumiho » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:43 pm

Chenonceau wrote:

That is what I am afraid of. Once you sue, they will countersue, and then the one who gets hurt will be the one with less deep pockets. Who has the deeper pockets, the company or gumiho?

If the target is the supervisor, there are other less dangerous (still legal) ways of getting back at him if you're creative enough and patient enough. Sometimes, doing nothing and doing well in another job is the best revenge.

Great Advise.
Thank you so much !

verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:2

Post by verykiasu2010 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:46 pm

the best action is tell yourself to move on, forgive him (you are "greater" than him, that is why you can forgive him), good horse never turn back to eat the grass that has been passed by 好马不吃回头草

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:119

Post by Jennifer » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:48 pm

gumiho wrote:

Since my superior is such a mean person, I believe he will definitely take me to court if he has the evidence. He merely want to tarnish my reputation.

I wld think the company wld need to produce evidence when bringing up the accusation to the court. Since you are innocent, there is no need to fear. If the company lose the case, the court is likely to charge them with all exps.

But the hassle of going to court can be taxing on you.

Hence, I wld suggest you just leave things as they are.

gumiho
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by gumiho » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:15 pm

Jennifer wrote:
gumiho wrote:

I wld think the company wld need to produce evidence when bringing up the accusation to the court. Since you are innocent, there is no need to fear. If the company lose the case, the court is likely to charge them with all exps.

In the first place, my intention is to teach him a lesson because understand from others I am not the first victim and by taking legal action against him I hope that he would learn.

And come to think of the hassle and precious time I have to spend on him, really not worth it. 人在做,天在看。

e3nity
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by e3nity » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:40 pm

gumiho, hope ur child is better now. Defame and verbal abuse are consider civil suit case. Surely you will need a lawyer to act for you. The case will be valid provided you got a witness (3rd party) to withness his abuse. 2ndly, there should be evidence which in this case , tape recording should be possible. Tape recording in this case is under the secondary evidence which supports the witness statement. End of the day, such cases will usually close from settlement outside court after mediation. This is my personal opinion and not legal advice.. 8)

If i'm you, i would most probably shame this person to the max in public. eg: on my last day of work, i'll probably stalk him at the life lobby during morning/evening peak confront him for wateva he say; like what typical singaporean will do, stand and see show. By then you will be out of the office and that building. As for him, he will suffer the finger pointing of people. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

2ndly i'll write to the press about his evil wrong doings.. shame him for life. ok sorry i'm too extreme alrdy.. :D

Anyway its really not worth filing a case against him. My suggestion is to spare more time with your little precious..

e3nity
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by e3nity » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Jennifer wrote: I wld think the company wld need to produce evidence when bringing up the accusation to the court. Since you are innocent, there is no need to fear. If the company lose the case, the court is likely to charge them with all exps.

I totally agree with Jennifer. If the company lose the case your lawyer can then claim ur legal fees, times compensation in $$, reputation damage compensation and etc.. Let them sue since you are innocent. Just make sure u didn't do anything wrong during your employment. :celebrate: cheers!!

hquek
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:71

Post by hquek » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:50 pm

hi gumiho,

I don't think his cursing will be enough for a case against him. However, if he persists in claiming that you stole company data, I would think you can sue him. He's defaming you and potentially causing you harm - which employer will want to hire someone that steals confidential information. I think you need to get the last sorted out. If he spreads these kind of news, it could be bad for you - esp if the industry you work for is small.

I haven't been through this, but if were to happen to me, I would want him to write an apology and promise not to say such things again.

If this last bit is closed, then I can only say forget it. As you mentioned, heavens are watching what man is doing. Since you have nothing to fear, walk straight and stand tall. Good for you to leave that wretched supervisor. :-P

daddybear
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by daddybear » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:39 pm

If you have a new job but still cannot get over it, of course you can sue him if you can spare the money. Would be just cheaper to complain to MOM about abusive workplace environment. And you can follow up with MOM vigorously. No need for lawyer.