Wish Mr Steve Jobs Happy Birthday!

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Wish Mr Steve Jobs Happy Birthday!

Postby Faun » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:29 pm

As you use your beloved Apple devices, let's not forget the man and
visionary, who made all these possible. Feb 24th is his birthday, send your
greetings here.... http://www.happybirthdaystevejobs.com/
Last edited by Faun on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Steve Jobs Speech at Stanford University

Postby Faun » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:36 pm

Here's an inspiring speech from Mr Jobs to the Stanford University graduates. Perhaps this is a tad too late for some of us to learn for our own lives but we can definitely keep this in mind when brining up our kids.

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/steve ... u_die.html

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Steve Jobs Speech at Stanford University

Postby tisha » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:24 pm

Faun wrote:Here's an inspiring speech from Mr Jobs to the Stanford University graduates. Perhaps this is a tad too late for some of us to learn for our own lives but we can definitely keep this in mind when brining up our kids.

Thanks Faun for sharing.
But why do you say too late, I don't think so. The speech so reminded me of Robin Sharma's book 'Who will cry when you die?'

tisha
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Steve Jobs Speech at Stanford University

Postby Faun » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:10 am

tisha wrote:
Faun wrote:Here's an inspiring speech from Mr Jobs to the Stanford University graduates. Perhaps this is a tad too late for some of us to learn for our own lives but we can definitely keep this in mind when brining up our kids.

Thanks Faun for sharing.
But why do you say too late, I don't think so. The speech so reminded me of Robin Sharma's book 'Who will cry when you die?'

I was in context of Jobs first story on connecting the dots. Too late for some of us because we never dreamed, listen to our own intuition. We were taught just to pass exams, get good job and do what is 'safe'. I see this being impose on kids even more so now.

I've been reading Jiddu Krisnamurti's book "Think on These Things" and I tend to agree that we need to seriously think what education is really for. I admire Jobs being able to do what he loves. I think that's what we need to help our kids to do, self-discovery and self-knowledge. That is the way to get real happiness when what one wants to do is not in conflict with what one think he should do.

Well, I suppose we can still try but some of us are now so laden with responsibility, some of us stuck in jobs we don't like or marriages that is not working, etc.

I've not heard of the book you mentioned.

Cheers!

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 30plus » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:47 am

Well, there is survivor bias in all media stories. People took risk and succeeded are reported while those took risk, failed, and live miserably do not have the chance to let you know. I still want my kids to have an average life.

He is really a magician to shape the industry. Wish him good health and have next birthday.

30plus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Faun » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:10 pm

Not really on issue of taking risk but about following ones's heart. Also not about the extreme of being fool-hardy but making informed choices, bearing any form of consequences and learn, that is also education.

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

winners take all

Postby mr_ding » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:00 am

I agree that the media picks only success stories. B'cos that's what sells. Who will want to buy a magazine cover with "Failed 30 Times And Could Have Made It " ?

It is all these success stories that spur people to go all out and be entrepreneurs without understanding the setbacks and failures one have to go through.

I believe Steve Jobs has his own setbacks and failures and I believe these are part and parcel of what made him successful.

On another note, I was never an Apple fan but unknowingly, I have now an Ipod nano, shuffle and iphone4...

mr_ding
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

happy

Postby zilleus » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:14 am

happy birthday man

zilleus
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Recess Time