"branded" sch vs neighbourhood sch

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

"branded" sch vs neighbourhood sch

Postby enne » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:14 pm

is there really a difference in letting your child attend a "branded" primary sch vs neighbourhood primary sch?

as i''m considering between both, i wish to get some advice from the parents here.

thanks in advance!!

enne
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Jennifer » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Are the two schs discussed in Parents' Networking Group? By reading the parents' sharing, you can find out whether your child suits the sch's culture.

Every sch is unique and has its own way of educating the pupils. Every sch has its share of good and bad teachers.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: "branded" sch vs neighbourhood sch

Postby titank » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:12 pm

enne wrote:is there really a difference in letting your child attend a "branded" primary sch vs neighbourhood primary sch?

as i''m considering between both, i wish to get some advice from the parents here.

thanks in advance!!

Sure have some way of differences attending branded primary & neighbourhood primary. Most important is see what do you want to achieve for your child!

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby enne » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:18 pm

jennifer & titank,
thanks for your replies

reason i asked was DD is under phase 2A2 which i believe will be able to gain a place in rosyth but i'm not sure if i should just put her in some other neighbourhood school since we are residing in yck area.

sch bus is an alternative but we are just worried she might be too tired if she's to be picked up too early.. (we arent sure of the bus route as of now yet though)

enne
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: "branded" sch vs neighbourhood sch

Postby Daddy D » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Coke or Pepsi?
:? :?

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sall » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:19 pm

It all depends on the child. I've seen children attending the top elite primary schs and did badly for psle. I also see some who attended humble neighbourhood schs and did well for psle. That day, I was shocked to hear one student from a top pri sch spewing vulgarities. So no sch is the best, no sch is perfect.

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:26 pm

sall wrote:It all depends on the child. I've seen children attending the top elite primary schs and did badly for psle. I also see some who attended humble neighbourhood schs and did well for psle. That day, I was shocked to hear one student from a top pri sch spewing vulgarities. So no sch is the best, no sch is perfect.

whether is rosyth or road side, all can speak vulgarities one .... they pick up from friends, tv, internet, etc
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:29 pm

Kids from branded schools may not behave well in public. Aunt said she saw few boys from reputable boys school behaving terribly in MRT. A passenger couldn't take it and scolded them for being a nuisance.

Understand your concern of daughter having to suffer long traveling time if studying in rosyth...impt thing is to make a decision and not regret it. There are bound to be differences bet branded schools and neighborhood ones.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:35 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:[

whether is rosyth or road side,

never thought of that, so :laugh:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:43 pm

for me, i will put her in rosyth for a year and monitor her progress as well as the school.

if in am session, just let her take a nap in the pm.
if in pm session, wake up a bit later in the am.

i made some adjustments to our lifestyle like no more late night during school day, early dinner, no shopping trips in the evening etc.

it is easier to seek a transfer out of a good school then getting in especially when you are in phase 2a2 which is really the eny of many.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time