kid pointing middle at us!

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

kid pointing middle at us!

Postby KAN » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:23 pm

that day dh was driving and we were turning into the carpark and was waiting for this family to cross the road. mother was dragging a 4 or 5 yr old boy to cross the rd. out of the blue the little boy point MIDDLE FINGER at us!!!i was :!:

for a kid that young, he probably learn this action from someone and i always find that its the parents duty to make sure that we teach out children what is right and what is wrong. this behaver is certainly not acceptable.

KAN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Vez » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Oh dear.... That's VERY BAD. I was also :!: when I read this

Did his mother see him pointing middle finger at you all?

Don't know what will he do or say in the future..

Vez
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:08 pm

not surprising

probably learnt from the father 上樑不正下樑歪

why ? at that age, it must be close family members who do that and the kid picked it up. among family members who would do that except the father ?

if it were someone else, the father would have educated the kid already

I posted at the Nanyang Kindy thread - a father did just that - saluting me with his middle finger with his kid in the car after picking up his kid from the kindy but he is unreasonably blocking the road refusing to move to let me pass to get to my house - and he saluted me with his middle finger.
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby php » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:15 pm

if it is my kid, i will reward him/her with 2 "$5" notes....

php
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby YingYing » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:05 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:not surprising

why ? at that age, it must be close family members who do that and the kid picked it up. among family members who would do that except the father ?

if it were someone else, the father would have educated the kid already

I posted at the Nanyang Kindy thread - a father did just that - saluting me with his middle finger with his kid in the car after picking up his kid from the kindy but he is unreasonably blocking the road refusing to move to let me pass to get to my house - and he saluted me with his middle finger.

wat? hard to imagine Nanyang kindy so reputable also hv such brute as parents!!! Sometimes I wonder when adults behave this way, hv they ever
ever thought such brute behaviour will rub off on their kids - do they really wanna bring up a next generation of brutes too? Haiz...

:pray:

I totally agree w the Chinese saying 上樑不正下樑歪!

YingYing
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:16 am

when I was in p3 or 4, I said the 'F' word out of the blue during a small family gathering without knowing what the 'F-word' is all about...thought it was cool and very adult.... :oops:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BlurBee » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:17 am

verykiasu2010 wrote:not surprising

if it were someone else, the father would have educated the kid already.

Agree. :hi5:

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby KAN » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:25 am

Vez wrote:Oh dear.... That's VERY BAD. I was also :!: when I read this

i dont think the mother saw it. the boy was walking behind her (although she was holding his hand).

I am sure the boy does not know the meaning behind the action. but as parent we should try our best not just to educate them academically but also the childrens' social well being. I know it easy said than done... as there are alot of influence from home, school and friends etc. but if parent dont educate them on this aspect who will??? (gov or school ???)they are after all your own kids... [/quote]

KAN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby YingYing » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:35 pm

KAN wrote:
Vez wrote:Oh dear.... That's VERY BAD. I was also :!: when I read this

i dont think the mother saw it. the boy was walking behind her (although she was holding his hand).

I am sure the boy does not know the meaning behind the action. but as parent we should try our best not just to educate them academically but also the childrens' social well being. I know it easy said than done... as there are alot of influence from home, school and friends etc. but if parent dont educate them on this aspect who will??? (gov or school ???)they are
after all your own kids...
[/quote]

u know I m totally totally w u on this!
These days many kids are seriously lacking discipline, respect for others, basic manners... Not all kids to be fair but many of them.
I feel that we can leave the academics to the school but when it comes to social & moral well-being, that's where parents MUST step in!

YingYing
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby peapot » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:05 am

Actually I also face parents who are nasty even when they're with their kids. They forgot that kids pick up fast and do not really understand who is right or wrong.

That's why in Henry Park, I always receive notice from the school to remind parents to watch our behaviour when we pick them up from school. The notice would say "please remember that the children are watching our behaviour"

I guess parents also need reminders!

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time