Order from 65daigou

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Order from 65daigou

Postby keltong » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks to Tamarind, got to know 65daigou.com who as it's name implies, will purchase on your behalf (代购).

So I test it out by purchasing books that are not available in dangdang's Beijing warehouse (for international shipment) but are available in their Shanghai warehouse (65daigou's warehouse is in Shanghai).

All in all, 10 books were ordered but they only managed to ordered 8 as 2 of them were out of stock by the time there place their order (according to their website they will place order 24-48hrs after payment received).

Utilising their air shipment, I am happy to report that I got my books after 11 days! I feel the shipment charge is fair but may not apply in every situation (as they charge by weight whereas dangdang charge by 50% of original book retail cost).

So do your math and consider other sources before you jump right into them.

There also other considerations like location of collection, or if you want to pay extra for local (Singapore) delivery. If the books (especially book set) are heavy, cheaper source locally, etc..you can read more about my experience in my blog.

Here is a summary of the dates:
    Order Placed 21 Feb 11
    Payment Received 21 Feb 11
    Items ordered 23 Feb 11
    Items arrived in Shanghai 27 Feb 11
    From Shanghai to Singapore 1 Mar 11
    Items arrived in Singapore 2 Mar 11
    2nd payment received 2 Mar 11
    Collection date arranged 2 Mar 11
    Items collected 3 Mar 11
    65daigou.com delivery charge S$14.55 (plus 10rmb for for China domestic shipping)
    dangdang.com would have charge S$8.45

keltong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby SAHM_TAN » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Thanks for the detailed account of your experience with 65daigou.com. May I know how many books your bought? Thanks

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby keltong » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:44 pm

SAHM_TAN wrote:Thanks for the detailed account of your experience with 65daigou.com. May I know how many books your bought? Thanks

8 books in total. :)

keltong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby laughingcat » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Thank you so much on the detailed info.

May I know how do you opt for shipment by air?

Can dangdang also do shipment by air?

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby laughingcat » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:06 pm

hey Keltong,

Saw your blog! Very detailed. Makes me very excited to quickly submit my first order. hehehheee.... still willing to try out dangdang but would like to opt for air shipment.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby keltong » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:09 pm

laughingcat wrote:Thank you so much on the detailed info.

May I know how do you opt for shipment by air?

Can dangdang also do shipment by air?

Hi laughingcat,

When you want to buy something, click on the EZ-buy button. Than you need to paste the URL of the item you to buy. It will read the info off the URL and come to a screen stating the seller and title of the book. You will need to let them know how much the book cost. A 10rmb domestic shipping cost is auto added to 1st time of the same seller. In there you can select shipping by air or sea. There is a special shipment but I think it's for items that have weird shape or extremely bulky item.

Dangdang also provide one shipment method. And my first order that was shipout on 20 Jan still no news yet. Haha...

keltong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby keltong » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:14 pm

laughingcat wrote:hey Keltong,

Saw your blog! Very detailed. Makes me very excited to quickly submit my first order. hehehheee.... still willing to try out dangdang but would like to opt for air shipment.

Have fun shopping!

65daigou is fast but need to use sparingly. I somehow feel that if a lot of heavy books, the shipping charges could be quite high. Buying direct from dang dang is still the cheapest but the wait can be frustrating sometimes.

I will be using 65daigou again to do some more comparison in terms of shipping cost. :wink:

keltong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby SAHM_TAN » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:14 pm

Is $14.55 inclusive of the service charge? Thanks

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby keltong » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:17 pm

SAHM_TAN wrote:Is $14.55 inclusive of the service charge? Thanks

$14.55 is all inclusive. But my 8 books are all very thin.

keltong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mummy of 2 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:19 pm

I tried their service before. Not recommended if you are buying heavy books. I paid more for the delivery than the books :cry:

mummy of 2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time