Office Work Tuition??

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Office Work Tuition??

Postby Quintessential Mum » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:09 pm

I have come across many average/above average students that take tuition for some/all of their subjects from primary school to university. I wonder how these kids will cope :roll: after they graduate and actually have to do their own work (without the help of a tutor) in their respective jobs. Maybe there is an opportunity to start "office" tuition services in future. :lol:

Quintessential Mum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Office Work Tuition??

Postby Chenonceau » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Quintessential Mum wrote:I have come across many average/above average students that take tuition for some/all of their subjects from primary school to university. I wonder how these kids will cope :roll: after they graduate and actually have to do their own work (without the help of a tutor) in their respective jobs. Maybe there is an opportunity to start "office" tuition services in future. :lol:

Such services already exist. Called executive coaching.

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby atutor2001 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:31 pm

Chenonceau wrote:Such services already exist. Called executive coaching.

Ya hor. Isn't all those management courses kind of tuition. :shock:

atutor2001
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Quintessential Mum » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:44 pm

Chenonceau wrote:
Quintessential Mum wrote:I have come across many average/above average students that take tuition for some/all of their subjects from primary school to university. I wonder how these kids will cope :roll: after they graduate and actually have to do their own work (without the help of a tutor) in their respective jobs. Maybe there is an opportunity to start "office" tuition services in future. :lol:

No i am talking about helping the person to do his/her daily office work not setting goals/life coach stuff...

Quintessential Mum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Quintessential Mum » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:46 pm

atutor2001 wrote:
Chenonceau wrote:Such services already exist. Called executive coaching.

Ya hor. Isn't all those management courses kind of tuition. :shock:

Those are excuses to get out of doing any work - so attend seminars etc!! :lol: :D

Quintessential Mum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby AceTutors123 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:48 pm

LOL maybe they are called Consultants

AceTutors123
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Otah » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:15 am

Quintessential Mum wrote:
Chenonceau wrote:

No i am talking about helping the person to do his/her daily office work not setting goals/life coach stuff...

Yes, it is called outsource .

Otah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ANobleNerd » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Chenonceau wrote:

I agree.

After all, tutors don't actually do the kids' homework or take their exams, but good tutors help their kids understand what they want to achieve and help them get their goals.

Management courses are more like schools or enrichment, rather than tuition. Management courses teach a broad general how-to to equip, rather than focus on the individual, which coaches do.

For people helping the person do their daily office work, perhaps you're thinking about interns? :wink:

ANobleNerd
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby MummyThreeStreams » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:18 pm

ANobleNerd wrote:
For people helping the person do their daily office work, perhaps you're thinking about interns? :wink:

lol! good one!

MummyThreeStreams
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Quintessential Mum » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:19 am

MummyThreeStreams wrote:
ANobleNerd wrote:

lol! good one!

ha ha agree, cheap and eager! Bingo!

Quintessential Mum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time